VAR Thread - 2021/22

I was a huge fan for var. But not now after the way its being used and a line Gallagher keeps saying which sums up everything wrong with it. 'I will say looking at the ref position they were never going to over turn it' basically confirming if the ref has seen it they dont have the balls to over turn it.

Its like that twat in ucl final did the big song and dance about how it hit the defenders chest then arm. The replay shows he is wrong it just hit his arm, but var didnt have the balls to tell him he is wrong.

Last edited:
they’ll always look at ways to make it improve.
It will never be perfect but far better than a ref having to make a blind guess
They could, of course, have used the same proven system as they do in the rugby.
It’s a transparent system on an open mic, so that discussion between the ref and players is heard, and the referee explains his decision making to the players and thereby to the public.
PIGMOL have a vested self-interest in keeping it as opaque as they possibly can so it's a very deliberate sham of a system.

Another thing to consider, ratboy and Tyler at SKY get to hear the VAR conversations with the VAR official and the ref but no fucker else is privy to the calls being made..

Begs the question, if they get to hear it, who else can ?

Surely there's a conflict of interest here with the amount of money SKY have invested in the PL..

In their interests to allow Cavani for example to score his offside goal recently, maybe ?

Makes you wonder as no explanation was given for him being a good yard offside when he scored from 40 yards not too long ago..

Must keep the red shirts challenging at the top end to ensure the revenue streams are not affected..!

VAR, bent as fcuk and will remain so until the muppets running it are made to make the whole shitshow transparent..

I won't hold my breath..!

The main difference to rugby/cricket is that most of what goes to the video ref in those sports is fact - some of football will be "is that a foul" which is subjective, and not factual.

It's missing some that it shouldn't, but some things are still going to be someone's opinion.

sailent point being without VAR all those decisions would have gone our way.
VAR got them all correct aside Souchek red
Aside, so that’s OK then?

The whole officiating system is a fucking shambles and I’ve lost interest in the majority of games. Take our game on Saturday where there was nothing of substance yet the ref blew for them for the most innocuous challenge and contrast tonight where you would think, after yesterday’s red card incident, the ref‘s would be clamping down.

Let’s face it, this is not a sport to the men in suits, it’s an entertainment business which is there to make money. The best way to do that is by making the league exciting and if there’s a broken leg here and there then so be it. You‘d think that they’d take a hard stance but after those tackles not receiving fuck all tonight, it’s clear that the show must go on.

VAR, just another way to manipulate the league.

Right call for Walker, though it takes repeated viewing to see what was happening. If anything Walker was fouled as it was a 50/50 and a tackle from behind.

On the offside goal. It would only stand if Foden touched the ball, but Sterling’s position would put him as in active play as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.