VAR Thread - 2021/22

Most sports manage to mic up the officials so it’s perfectly clear to the fans what is happening and why. In the premier league every decision is treated like a state secret.

It would’ve been great to hear why they didn’t think it was a foul by Milner (although outside the box).

I must admit they’ve messed about with VAR so much I’m not sure what they’re actually trying to do anymore. All it needs is some guy, we can hear, watching on TV who can tell the ref “he did clip him there, just outside the box.” Instead we have this Kafkaesque crap.
You spot your post with the last line. I am now going to Google it :-)

Most sports manage to mic up the officials so it’s perfectly clear to the fans what is happening and why. In the premier league every decision is treated like a state secret.

It would’ve been great to hear why they didn’t think it was a foul by Milner (although outside the box).

I must admit they’ve messed about with VAR so much I’m not sure what they’re actually trying to do anymore. All it needs is some guy, we can hear, watching on TV who can tell the ref “he did clip him there, just outside the box.” Instead we have this Kafkaesque crap.
I think they knew it was a foul but decided to favour the Dippers and screw us. How could anyone, having reffed top level for season after season not think it was a foul? Manipulation of what has gone on within the playing area - or to give it a clearer name, cheating! I think there is no other team which has been screwed over more by VAR and refs than City!

No idea how Milner stayed on the pitch. Also looked like challenge on Foden should have been a pen. Pep had every right to be seething.

In the United game, the second goal was definitely offside, so no issues there. Davies should just taken the shot. Criminal to attempt a pass there.

In the Chelsea game, there were two major decisions - ruling out Werner's goal to put us 2-0 up and the decision to send off Ward-Prowse after initially giving him a yellow card. I think they got both decisions wrong. JWP is borderline and I have seen reds given for that, but it seemed more like a strong yellow to me, and the decision to overturn Werner's goal for a foul by Azpi a minute earlier in the build up was odd. I think there has to be a limit to how far back in a sequence they can go to find a foul.

Last edited:
No idea how Milner stayed on the pitch. Also looked like challenge on Foden should have been a pen. Pep had every right to be seething.

In the United game, the second goal was definitely offside, so no issues there. Davies should just taken the shot. Criminal to attempt a pass there.

In the Chelsea game, there were two major decisions - ruling out Werner's goal to put us 2-0 up and the decision to send off Ward-Prowse after initially giving him a yellow card. I think they got both decisions wrong. JWP is borderline and I have seen reds given for that, but it seemed more like a strong yellow to me, and the decision to overturn Werner's goal for a foul by Azpi a minute earlier in the build up was odd. I think there has to be a limit to how far back in a sequence they can go to find a foul.
The Ward Prowse incident came about because they referee made a decision and stopped play. Var then overturned his decision and WP was sent off.
Yesterday Tierney decided not to make any decision so Liverpool could not be punished. If he had said foul outside the box and a yellow, var could have said nope its a red and a penalty. Can you imagine the shit storm if that happened ?
So he took the corrupt way out by doing nothing

The application of VAR is riddled with closet manipulation. VAR should be making sure that what happens on the field is reflected in the result. Fifteen minutes with ten on the pitch? Oh, no, not at Anfield, we shall call ourselves Nelson in the VAR ship!
VAR is being manipulated in this country. It is obvious compared to what was seen in the Euros where it was fairly applied. The reaction of Tierney yesterday (a smirk) and Mike Dean on the touchline (deadpan) says it all. There needs to be an independent investigation into how VAR is being used. The paying customers (the fans) are being shut out. There is no transparency at all.
What happened yesterday wasn't an honest mistake. PGMOL are not accountable to anyone and the PL (as shown by the Newcastle court case) is being corruptly influenced by a very small group of clubs (led by LFC and MUFC). No one will investigate this because the media is commercially involved with these cash-cow clubs and this is a big part of the problem.

The Ward Prowse incident came about because they referee made a decision and stopped play. Var then overturned his decision and WP was sent off.
Yesterday Tierney decided not to make any decision so Liverpool could not be punished. If he had said foul outside the box and a yellow, var could have said nope its a red and a penalty. Can you imagine the shit storm if that happened ?
So he took the corrupt way out by doing nothing
This was it with Tierney, if that was at the other end you could be sure he would have whistled for something, and let var sort it out.
After Mica said the ref was influenced by the crowd, Carragher was claiming Walker got away with a similar one against Southampton, but the Ref gave a penalty and a red card and it had to be rescinded by var, so does he think the city fans influenced the ref to red card our own player????????????????

This was it with Tierney, if that was at the other end you could be sure he would have whistled for something, and let var sort it out.
After Mica said the ref was influenced by the crowd, Carragher was claiming Walker got away with a similar one against Southampton, but the Ref gave a penalty and a red card and it had to be rescinded by var, so does he think the city fans influenced the ref to red card our own player????????????????
Yes, Carragher was using his intellect as only his can be used - the ref at the ground is intimidated by the crowd at the Etihad - whichis always empty according to the scousers which is then overturned by VAR 200 miles away from any crowd intimidation! I would add that PGMOL issued a statement saying that their studies of the incident proved no foul had been committed and so no card should be issued. Showed Tierney that the best way was to make any involvement impossible.

Brentford should have had a pen yesterday (foul on Tony) but not given as allegedly Brentford were offside, however when I saw it in real time it looked like a Chelsea player on the far side was playing them in. It may or may not have been offside but either way it was really fucking close, however no VAR review, no fucking lines, no mention by the commentator, nothing in MOTD. Why fucking not? If that was us there’d have been wonky fucking lines all over the screen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.