VAR Thread - 2021/22

Brentford should have had a pen yesterday (foul on Tony) but not given as allegedly Brentford were offside, however when I saw it in real time it looked like a Chelsea player on the far side was playing them in. It may or may not have been offside but either way it was really fucking close, however no VAR review, no fucking lines, no mention by the commentator, nothing in MOTD. Why fucking not? If that was us there’d have been wonky fucking lines all over the screen
Neville stated that he was offside on a number of occasions, even after seeing the still shot where it clearly showed him onside. That meant that there was no call to make and it could be swept neatly under the carpet.

Like many, I‘m bemused at how the broadcasters treat the audience. The likes of Carragher and Neville regularly do this and usually in favour of their supported clubs, often talking down/up decisions dependant on what outcome they want.

Neville stated that he was offside on a number of occasions, even after seeing the still shot where it clearly showed him onside. That meant that there was no call to make and it could be swept neatly under the carpet.

Like many, I‘m bemused at how the broadcasters treat the audience. The likes of Carragher and Neville regularly do this and usually in favour of their supported clubs, often talking down/up decisions dependant on what outcome they want.
Happens on every footy programme across the universe. I'm bemused by the number of times broadcasters/pundits want to highlight a particular point and it somehow involves MCFC conceding.

It’s so corrupt, and yet they get away with it so easily

Saw var rule out a goal yesterday for offside after the ball had been saved from a shot and then tapped in by the player deemed offside when the shot was hit. The scorer was nowhere near the goalie when the shot was hit.

Saw very similar a few days ago and the goal stood because the scorere was not 'interfering with play', despite being in the 6 yard box. ??

not sure why the handball wasn't given againt Matt Ritchie in the game yesterday. How, after it went to review, it could be concluded that it wasn't handball was a bit of a mystery to me.

Saw var rule out a goal yesterday for offside after the ball had been saved from a shot and then tapped in by the player deemed offside when the shot was hit. The scorer was nowhere near the goalie when the shot was hit.

Saw very similar a few days ago and the goal stood because the scorere was not 'interfering with play', despite being in the 6 yard box. ??
I thought that but having thought some more, the bar/post isn't relevant, remember if a player takes a pen and it come back to him and he kicks it again it's disallowed so technically the incident we're taking about is deemed a pass to the offside player I think.

Can you clarify what you're saying here.
It's deemed a double touch of the ball as it's gone player A....bar....player A on the pen example (the bar is irrelevant) and player A is treated as kicking the ball twice as no other player/keeper as touched it.

The VAR disallowed goal we're discussing was in open play, ball went player A....bar....player B. Player B was offside when the ball was at player A's feet (bar irrelevant) so offside.

That sounds confusing....I'm not having another go at it.

It's deemed a double touch of the ball as it's gone player A....bar....player A on the pen example (the bar is irrelevant) and player A is treated as kicking the ball twice as no other player/keeper as touched it.

The VAR disallowed goal we're discussing was in open play, ball went player A....bar....player B. Player B was offside when the ball was at player A's feet (bar irrelevant) so offside.

That sounds confusing....I'm not having another go at it.
Many thanks. Got what you're saying. Didn't read all the posts. You're right, if it comes back directly from the post without hitting any other player and they score, it will be disallowed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.