VAR Thread - 2021/22

It's deemed a double touch of the ball as it's gone player A....bar....player A on the pen example (the bar is irrelevant) and player A is treated as kicking the ball twice as no other player/keeper as touched it.

The VAR disallowed goal we're discussing was in open play, ball went player A....bar....player B. Player B was offside when the ball was at player A's feet (bar irrelevant) so offside.

That sounds confusing....I'm not having another go at it.
i don't remember any bar or post being hit..

Saw var rule out a goal yesterday for offside after the ball had been saved from a shot and then tapped in by the player deemed offside when the shot was hit. The scorer was nowhere near the goalie when the shot was hit.

Saw very similar a few days ago and the goal stood because the scorere was not 'interfering with play', despite being in the 6 yard box. ??

I guess it would depend on the second game you refer to.

Certainly Soucek for WHU yesterday was in an offside position and disallowing that one was correct.

For all that is said in favour of VAR, mainly by a West Ham guest, I did not celebrate City's first goal today.
I knew it would be varred so what was the point in celebrating ? It is killing the emotion the passion and everything I have loved about football.

And there is the penalty.

But I will skip that.
I was exact same I didn't even flinch for the Gundogan goal because I thought it was going to get ruled out by a VAR idiot. Completely kills the while purpose of the game which is scoring goals. Even after it's awarded you don't celebrate because the moment has passed and it's not the same.

I was exact same I didn't even flinch for the Gundogan goal because I thought it was going to get ruled out by a VAR idiot. Completely kills the while purpose of the game which is scoring goals. Even after it's awarded you don't celebrate because the moment has passed and it's not the same.
Yes, yes and yes again. Some actor fights 6 people in a coregraphed script, you watch the film and smile, it's entertainment but nothing to get excited about. That is what football is becoming. The pure joy and adrenaline of the 93.20 moment being replaced by sipping on your coke, eating your pop corn and not really being part of it.

Yes, yes and yes again. Some actor fights 6 people in a coregraphed script, you watch the film and smile, it's entertainment but nothing to get excited about. That is what football is becoming. The pure joy and adrenaline of the 93.20 moment being replaced by sipping on your coke, eating your pop corn and not really being part of it.
Spot on. Wish I could say it wasn't the case but you're 100% correct.
It's getting like NFL shite more of a drama for social media. Won't be long until we have Half Time shows in the Premier League!

Last edited:
For all that is said in favour of VAR, mainly by a West Ham guest, I did not celebrate City's first goal today.
I knew it would be varred so what was the point in celebrating ? It is killing the emotion the passion and everything I have loved about football.

And there is the penalty.

But I will skip that.
Sadly….me an all, totally agree with every word, and I’m sick of being a non paid referee every game (and after it) second guessing every goal and incident, with the expectation Var is gonna shaft us again. Nowhere near as bad when you’re at the game, I just wanna get back to being a ‘supporter’ and living in the moment

The VAR decision making can be heard by the game commentators, that was revealed awhile back. It's no stretch of the imagination that the TV director or whoever is not in VARs ear telling them what they want to see happen ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.