VAR Thread - 2021/22

I'm not talking about last night either. When the arsenal player was sent off against us the media said it spoilt the game. 11 v 11 is a much better TV spectacle than 11 v 10. I am saying that is why Milner wasn't sent off, Sky wanted the end to end last 15 minutes to keep advertisers happy and I think sky do sway var.
Someone is swaying VAR because it certainly isn't being applied equally across all games.

Not read all the pages in the u****d thread but can someone explain how the goal they scored was disallowed. The line was drawn on the wrong fucking player!

Saved by the ball being in the way when he booted him.
The ball being in the way makes no difference. He should have been given a Red card according to the LOTG.

LAW 12: FOULS AND MISCONDUCT​

IFAB Laws of the Game 2021-22

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

SENDING OFF
  • physical or aggressive behaviour (including spitting or biting) towards an opposing player, substitute, team official, match official, spectator or any
    other person (e.g. ball boy/girl, security or competition official etc.)

At least 4 nailed on straight reds today. Only 1 reviewed and given. No impact on result mind. But could impact on availability in future matches.
Ronny, pull back/trip on player running through on edge of box, Pogbad and a very high boot. Trying to remember the match last week where a player was sent of for identical high boot incident...ah yes Liverpool v Athletico..

At least 4 nailed on straight reds today. Only 1 reviewed and given. No impact on result mind. But could impact on availability in future matches.
Ronny, pull back/trip on player running through on edge of box, Pogbad and a very high boot. Trying to remember the match last week where a player was sent of for identical high boot incident...ah yes Liverpool v Athletico..
We play them in 2 games time, no Pogba, no FC Ron, no Maguire.. am struggling to remember the fourth I know there was one, no Ratty?

Whoever it was, they'd all be missing our game, now we should win anyway but that's not the point.

Yesterday summed it up nicely. Looked and was a dead cert pen. When the ball was played forward I thought oooh that looks close to offside. When reviewed before the pen was taken one commentator says ‘that looks offside to me but will they go back that far’ t‘other’un says ‘well they have gone back further than that in the past’. Decision ‘not offside’. Says it all. Tierney says it more.

I thought the commentary comments summed things up pretty well - no certainty as to how it would be reffed.

I don't however think that this is a VAR issue really - there's no debate that the the Brighton player was offside. The issue here is how long before a goal does an offside position count, and that's not really to do with VAR itself, but the grey areas of refereeing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.