VAR Thread - 2021/22

Oh and just to be clear, var is not used to shaft us and us alone. Remember last season when a rag player fouled a defender in the box and yet was given the penalty?
Var and pigmob were there to help the rags get a Champs League spot.
Many teams get shafted by var, mainly when playing the rags and dips.
It's there to get the league to the right ballpark where possible over the season, and then execute desired results in specific games.

Nick 3 points off City v Palace to keep us in check so we don't build momentum and run off? Done. Protect the Dippers v us and Chelsea so they don't suffer 2 home losses and drop too far behind too early? Done. Need Rags or Dippers in the CL in the last 8 games? Done.

Only way to mitigate is to go so above and beyond and be ruthless so they don't have chance in enough games to interfere. The last 4 games we've been deliberately interfered against, it's systematic at the moment to check our progress.

We're not ruthless enough to prevent it happening this season, unfortunately.

I watched City stuff United yesterday - you completed bossed it. Loved it. I didn’t really spot anything controversial in decisions and thought was reffed well.

the Jesus penalty you mention - Telles got a touch on the ball didn’t he ?

again, without VAR - if the officials wanted to be corrupt - they could have flagged Bernardo offside. They could have gave a red or a penalty for whatever decision they wanted too - which is my point, if the refs wanted to give ‘corrupt’ decisions - why before bringing in VAR - it makes it far harder for them. They can just give dodgy decisions with the get out clause that’s what they saw at the time.

and also - with all these hundreds of officials, refs, VAR refs all in cohesion to be corrupt against Man City - when is one person going to come out and mention this with actual proof ?
I hope in my heart of hearts you’re in a battle with utd for 4th come April. I’ll bet your views on VAR would change drastically at the end of the season when you’ve been cheated out of a CL spot

Because they can state that it wasnt a clear and obvious error by oliver as telles got a very slight touch on the ball. Thats their get of jail card for all decisions and allows them to make it up as they go along.
He brushed it with a touch so slight it could have been the wind off his boot. How did VAR spot that instantly when it usually takes an age for them to disallow our goals and more to the point how the fuck did Oliver see it? Nailed on penalty, Telles was nowhere near making any type of defensive contact on the ball.

He brushed it with a touch so slight it could have been the wind off his boot. How did VAR spot that instantly when it usually takes an age for them to disallow our goals and more to the point how the fuck did Oliver see it? Nailed on penalty, Telles was nowhere near making any type of defensive contact on the ball.
It looked like contact with the ball was an accident as he was clearly aiming to kick Gabby's standing leg.

If @BlueHammer85 thinks that Jesus was rightly denied a penalty for the slightest touch on the ball before being fouled then I think it’s safe to say that football discussion with him should be probably stopped right here.
Music is obviously his thing...

Think the way to look at VAR is they favour the redshirts but looking at how they can make a call against whoever they're playing from a negative angle rather than positive....is there a chance we can disallow a goal scored against them, give the benefit of doubt to a goal scored by them...same with fouls. Always been like this and for those who watch the games rather than 5 mins on MOTD it's showing how bent the system is.

We seem to and probably get the most crap decisions as we're public enemy no.1 to said redshirts.

I watched City stuff United yesterday - you completed bossed it. Loved it. I didn’t really spot anything controversial in decisions and thought was reffed well.

again, without VAR - if the officials wanted to be corrupt - they could have flagged Bernardo offside. They could have gave a red or a penalty for whatever decision they wanted too - which is my point, if the refs wanted to give ‘corrupt’ decisions - why before bringing in VAR - it makes it far harder for them. They can just give dodgy decisions with the get out clause that’s what they saw at the time.

and also - with all these hundreds of officials, refs, VAR refs all in cohesion to be corrupt against Man City - when is one person going to come out and mention this with actual proof ?
Stop trolling ffs , you are boring

Ronaldo’s unnecessary studs up lunge on an already prone De Bruyne, did you see that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.