VAR Thread - 2021/22

Just seen the Leeds vs Newcastle highlights on MOTD from the weekend.

I'll start off by saying, I find myself routing against Newcastle.I don't care if they get relegated, they'll be back up the following season but it will slow them down at least and they'll soon find out what City have done wasn't easy, nor was it a matter of how much money they had. It might be unfair of me but I can only think of that meatball head True Geordie and his absolute bile and jealousy towards City for the past 10 years. I don't know what proportion of fans shared that sentiment but I'd wager he wasn't the only one by a long shot.

Regardless of that though, watching the game, even though they were already 1-0 up. How on earth did the VAR look at the foul on Saint-Maximin and say that was fine? I seem to recall quite a few weird decisions going against them this season too. The exact type we used to get but have suddenly stopped this season. Is that just a co-incidence or is there something to it?
Barcodes became fair game when they won the lottery.

Yankees don't want anymore dirty Arabs muscling in on their cozy money making cartel racket.

When two of your "brands" control the CEO. It won't take much for the memo to reach Mother Reilly and his dirty dozen bent cunts.

This discussion continually goes round and round.
Dippers / United get bent decision, everyone complains. City get screwed, everyone complains.
Something needs to be done, bent refs, etc, etc.
Out comes the brush, lift the carpet, sweep everything under it.

Next round of matches.
Dippers / United get bent decision, everyone complains. City get screwed, everyone complains.

Next round of matches.

Ad infinitum
Totally agree, so the fact that they, the Premier League and Pigmol refuse to do anything to address the concerns of fans stinks.
We are supposed to be the best League in the world. Matches are broadcast to millions in every corner of the globe and yet those in power refuse to do anything to stem the allegations.

Barcodes became fair game when they won the lottery.

Yankees don't want anymore dirty Arabs muscling in on their cozy money making cartel racket.

When two of your "brands" control the CEO. It won't take much for the memo to reach Mother Reilly and his dirty dozen bent cunts.
So out of the blue two Redshirts teams get the right of veto for the proposed new chairmen of the PL? How was this agreed by the other clubs seeing these two always getting 'their' man in. And once again it was all done in secret but when?
Very smelly indeed. Too many things being done in secret. Why?
As if we don't already know.

Absolutely 100% agree so much so I’m considering throwing in my season ticket. The penalty given to Liverpool was without doubt just plain cheating. the Foul that was never given to city is just unbelievably bad refereeing.
Before giving up your ST just enjoy it when we still win the League despite var/pigmob/PL and the dips are left moaning about how it's sooooo unfair

The problem with statistics is they are spurious. We've had VAR decisions in our favour. The stats therefore say there is no foul play at hand regarding trying to get a title race. But are those favourable decisions an anomaly? Or were they a precursor for what was to come: in that the stats show it's not in our favour, meaning when an important VAR decision is implemented for another team, it gets lost in the stats, and ours were in games with less meaning?

Could you give 3 VAR decisions at 2 0 up for us then give 1 for Chelsea or Liverpool at 1-1 with 85 mins to go? Stats wise we get the decisions. But the truth of who it benefits would tell a different story.

I'm not even saying this is the case. I am saying this is how it should be viewed and judged though.

Just seen the Leeds vs Newcastle highlights on MOTD from the weekend.

I'll start off by saying, I find myself routing against Newcastle.I don't care if they get relegated, they'll be back up the following season but it will slow them down at least. Even if they do stay up, they'll soon find out what City have done wasn't easy, nor was it just a matter of how much money they had. So many of them seem to think they can follow the same "blueprint" but they can't IMO, they couldn't even if things were the same as when City did it. They don't have a local bitter rival that's the biggest club in the world as their backstory, it would be near impossible to replicate the 93:20 moment. It might be slightly unfair of me but I can only think of that meatball head, True Geordie and his absolute bile and jealousy towards City for the past 10 years. I don't know what proportion of fans shared that sentiment but I'd wager he wasn't the only one by a long shot.

Regardless of that though, watching the game, even though they were already 1-0 up. How on earth did the VAR look at the foul on Saint-Maximin in the box and say that was fine? I laughed out loud when I saw it. I seem to recall quite a few weird decisions going against them this season too. Dare I say it, that seems like the exact type we used to get against us but those have suddenly stopped this season. Is that just a co-incidence or is there something to it?
We threaten and are now beating the historic 4 so we were and still are a threat to those that want to be at the top.
Newcastle are currently a big threat to Burnley, both could of course go down but the Geordies might just push Burnley into the third relegation spot.
Burnley are owned by yanks who are already in financial trouble, relegation would finish them off.....
And we can't have that.

We already have a fool proof way of telling if a ball crosses the goal line....... except for the time it allegedly didn't work.
Something about a goal post in the way I mean no one would ever have thought that could happen, not on a football field.
That decision just happened to benefit a certain team in red as it took points off Sheffield United, they were competing for a top four place at the time. Much like the decisions against City and in favour of another team in red over the weekend.

The problem with statistics is they are spurious. We've had VAR decisions in our favour. The stats therefore say there is no foul play at hand regarding trying to get a title race. But are those favourable decisions an anomaly? Or were they a precursor for what was to come: in that the stats show it's not in our favour, meaning when an important VAR decision is implemented for another team, it gets lost in the stats, and ours were in games with less meaning?

Could you give 3 VAR decisions at 2 0 up for us then give 1 for Chelsea or Liverpool at 1-1 with 85 mins to go? Stats wise we get the decisions. But the truth of who it benefits would tell a different story.

I'm not even saying this is the case. I am saying this is how it should be viewed and judged though.
There was someone arguing on twitter the other day that LiVARpool are suffering more than others from VAR overuled decisions. He even had a graph to back up the " evidence ". VAR didn't intervene when they played Villa to overule the penalty for a dive and give a yellow card for " simulation ", it didn't give a penalty to Villa either, turning a one nil loss into a one nil win. It didn't give the correct decisions over the weekend either helping them make up another two points?

It's regularly the case. Look at how many times a dodgy decision broke the deadlock for the Dipper's in their title winning season. And its not just game changing decisions; it a general disparity of the application of the LOTG that influence the outcome of games, along with referee positioning and time keeping. The players know exactly what is going on and it 100% effects their mentality and decision making.

People misuse the word 'marginal'.

There was nothing marginal about the foul on Laporte, a clear red card, and nothing marginal about Firmino's jump for the ball from a clear offside position which influenced the situation. Also, wouldn't say the decision for that Jota penalty was marginal: it's clear he changes the direction of his movement in order to collide with the keeper.

Those decisions may be 'marginal' for amateurs, for professional referees they must be pretty obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.