VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. So they didn't want as much fairness as possible?
What did we vote and are votes public or whatever?

I’ve not seen that info it is public knowledge. I’ll keep my out eye though.

There does seem to be a difference of opinion on what exactly was on offer. The first report I read suggested that it was the UEFA system that apparently the clubs weren’t convinced is any better than the one they’re currently using.

But there’s some reports now that it was FIFAs chip in the ball system on offer, which I’d be surprised about to be honest.

I’ve not seen that info it is public knowledge. I’ll keep my out eye though.

There does seem to be a difference of opinion on what exactly was on offer. The first report I read suggested that it was the UEFA system that apparently the clubs weren’t convinced is any better than the one they’re currently using.

But there’s some reports now that it was FIFAs chip in the ball system on offer, which I’d be surprised about to be honest.

This search for 100% accuracy is bollocks anyway. I don't get all the excitement for it.

This search for 100% accuracy is bollocks anyway. I don't get all the excitement for it.
It's not the accuracy with the semi-automated system; it just removes the subjectivity (the exact frame the pass was made) from the decision making process and stops the bent cnuts picking the frame that suits their desired outcome. There is still a margin of error between frames with players running at top speed.

We're going to see some very squiffy offside decisions next season.

It's not the accuracy with the semi-automated system; it just removes the subjectivity (the exact frame the pass was made) from the decision making process and stops the bent cnuts picking the frame that suits their desired outcome. There is still a margin of error between frames with players running at top speed.

We're going to see some very squiffy offside decisions next season.

It’s also way faster. The average time it takes to resolve an offside with semi-automated offside is <30 seconds compared to over a minute with the existing line-drawing (though it has gotten quicker as officials have gotten used to it). With SA offside systems the only decision that needs to be made is if the offside player was active.

I actually think combined with AI it could be done faster, and you can solve for whether the player is active that way. Wouldn’t be surprised if it could become near instantaneous in the future. People will say that’s fantasy and will never happen because only humans can make that decision, but they’re wrong. AI is orders of magnitudes better at consistently applying complex rulesets than humans if you feed it the right info. I can guarantee you somebody is working on it.

It’s also way faster. The average time it takes to resolve an offside with semi-automated offside is <30 seconds compared to over a minute with the existing line-drawing (though it has gotten quicker as officials have gotten used to it). With SA offside systems the only decision that needs to be made is if the offside player was active.

I actually think combined with AI it could be done faster, and you can solve for whether the player is active that way. Wouldn’t be surprised if it could become near instantaneous in the future. People will say that’s fantasy and will never happen because only humans can make that decision, but they’re wrong. AI is orders of magnitudes better at consistently applying complex rulesets than humans if you feed it the right info. I can guarantee you somebody is working on it.
So if bullsh*t goes in, bullsh*t comes out?

Not using the better decision making tech is because they cant 'manage' the games to get what the red shirts want , bent as fuck

Why do you think the majority of clubs would vote for something that would be detrimental to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.