VAR (PL introduction 2019)

This is the main issue I have with it. An incident will only be VAR'd if the ref is also unsure right? He'll then call for VAR to be used so he can take a look. But in the incident you described the ref saw nothing wrong with the tackle, even though it was a clear penalty, so that wouldnt have gone to VAR.

Unless im missing something, is there someone in another room watching the match who can then tell the ref through a mic that he needs to take a look at something?

If the referee doesn't want to review the incident , possibly because he already has an agenda, and please don't say that this sort of thing doesn't occur, then how will VAR assist ?'

The authorities who run football are corrupted by the vast amounts of money it generates, which imo will always mean that corruption will be rife despite the ideologies of supporters and fans.

Caught the hockey penalty shootout yesterday and even they had better than what we have to put up with.
Simple the ref drew a TV screen and asked was the attacker pushed? All replayed on screen so it was clear to all and decision given, just like every other sport.
Multi million pound industry who just doesn't want to be shown the way by lesser sports or are they doing all they can to not introduce it for reasons know only to themselves- shame on them.

RT @City_Watch: Pep on VAR:

“I think Manchester City agreed with VAR but the other top teams, United, Chelsea, I think didn’t want it. It’s OK. I think the referees must be helped. Football is quicker, faster. Before, the back four was not well organised, now all the teams are well organised.”

Yet most thought FFP was a great idea hahaha you couldn't make it up....

Oh sorry Gill and co did:-)

Yet most thought FFP was a great idea hahaha you couldn't make it up....

Oh sorry Gill and co did:-)

And that tells you all you need to know. Bent cnuts still want to be officiated by referees who support bent cnuts and can offer assistance when needed.

VAR is essential but the coaches MUST have 2 challenges per game to have play reviewed AND (most importantly) the footage should be replayed on the big screen in the stadia.
It is the only way to remove any possibility of referee bias.

VAR is essential but the coaches MUST have 2 challenges per game to have play reviewed AND (most importantly) the footage should be replayed on the big screen in the stadia.
It is the only way to remove any possibility of referee bias.

And is why there is so much resistance from PIGMOL and the FA.

Both of them don't want to lose the ability to affect the games to favour certain situations.

RT @City_Watch: Pep on VAR:

“I think Manchester City agreed with VAR but the other top teams, United, Chelsea, I think didn’t want it. It’s OK. I think the referees must be helped. Football is quicker, faster. Before, the back four was not well organised, now all the teams are well organised.”

Imagine where Rags would have been in the league with VAR in operation honestly last season ?

How many times would they have had " offside goals " ruled out and the like of Fellaini and the Swedish Ego sent off for the use of elbows !

And that explains why they voted against the introduction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.