VAR (PL introduction 2019)

The snide **** pretending he was injured after doing it.

Lost count how many times Herrera and other Rags pulled that trick last season.

If the Bookies aren't arsed about the officials getting things right, you know the whole things bent.

From what I've seen outside this country, the rest are even worse.

It should be quick & simple, but with these people in charge, it's inconsistent, slow & will be bent.

Thats the point. Football is bent and if VAR was properly brought in it would be very difficult for football to be bent.

Thats the point. Football is bent and if VAR was properly brought in it would be very difficult for football to be bent.

I would have no problem with v.a.r. if it was efficiently operated & if those in charge of it, could be trusted.

Some of the least competent summing up of replay incidents on tv however, have come from people such as Graeme Poll & Chris Foy, who often need 30 mins to change their minds & see what everyone else saw in 5 seconds. These are the kind of people who will be operating it.

It's encouraging that Utd don't want it, which means they aren't confident of an advantage to them.

But I recon that if/when it is introduced, you will see teams like City getting the benefit of the doubt, on loads of little pen decisions etc, maybe the odd big one, which will 'prove' how effective it is.

Then in the big games at the end, they will still find a reason why Ashley Young's challenge wasn't a pen & Sane's goal wasn't a 'clear' error but stop the game to hand a random pen to the red opposition, because Vincent Kompany had hold of someone's shirt at a corner.

I would have no problem with v.a.r. if it was efficiently operated & if those in charge of it, could be trusted.

Some of the least competent summing up of replay incidents on tv however, have come from people such as Graeme Poll & Chris Foy, who often need 30 mins to change their minds & see what everyone else saw in 5 seconds. These are the kind of people who will be operating it.

It's encouraging that Utd don't want it, which means they aren't confident of an advantage to them.

But I recon that if/when it is introduced, you will see teams like City getting the benefit of the doubt, on loads of little pen decisions etc, maybe the odd big one, which will 'prove' how effective it is.

Then in the big games at the end, they will still find a reason why Ashley Young's challenge wasn't a pen & Sane's goal wasn't a 'clear' error but stop the game to hand a random pen to the red opposition, because Vincent Kompany had hold of someone's shirt at a corner.
It’ll make the corruption even more obvious that’s all, they’ll see what they want to see & there will still be nothing we can do about it, I fully expect the World Cup to be a mess.

The principle from Rugby is the key to getting a succesful VAR implementaion - i.e. Is there any evidence to overule the decision on the pitch.
So for offsides there has to have a physical gap between the torso of the last offside-legal defender and the attacker when the pass was made by an attacking player.
For penalties and fouls there has to be a foul (not half a dozen of one and half a dozen of the other). Similarly If the defender gets the ball but brings the player down without dispossessing him it is also a penalty (i.e. touching the ball does not a tackle make - though it should remove the possibility of a yellow card). The manager/head coach also needs to have 2 referals in a game as well.
Most importantly the footage and decicision points need to be shown on the big screen in the stadium.
It is so easy to make it work but refs and the football authorities don't want it to work.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.