VE DAY

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
Our street is looking nice with bunting and lots of Union Jack flags flying from flag poles. We are going to be sat in our front gardens keeping 2 meters away from our neighbours.
All very patriotic but why do these patriotic people flag our flag upside down ? It really annoys me that British people dont know how to fly our flag.

Last edited:
I’m not a particularly patriotic person, outwardly at least, I’ve never flown a Union flag. Yet strangely get annoyed when those that are and do put it upside down.

I’m not a particularly patriotic person, outwardly at least, I’ve never flown a Union flag. Yet strangely get annoyed when those that are and do put it upside down.

Very easily done, b. I've told Mrs Ewing that I'm gonna utilise all those Wembers flags I've collected since we turned over MANUre at Wembley instead of Union Jacks.

Sadly, most of this country don't have a clue what sacrifices were made to win the last war. Even worse, most wouldn't care even if they did.
Our society and culture has been degraded to the point that greed and self gratification are regarded as virtues.

And on VJ day as a nation we'll forget all about the sacrifices made by so many in the far east

The only time I ever saw my dad cry was on a VJ day
He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "we're still the forgotten army"

Last edited:
union-jack-flag-std.jpg.cf.jpg

A time to remember, reflect and rejoice. As though who've gone before us most surely would've done.
There's a 2 minute at 11am, I believe.

Sadly, most of this country don't have a clue what sacrifices were made to win the last war. Even worse, most wouldn't care even if they did.
Our society and culture has been degraded to the point that greed and self gratification are regarded as virtues.
Don’t think thats true at all,in fact I would say much more attention, and many more memorials are paid now, and include children, than when I was growing up, don ‘t remember any when I was at school or college 70s and 80s.

And on VJ day as a nation we'll forget all about the sacrifices made by so many in the far east

The only time I ever saw my dad cry was on a VJ day
He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "we're still the forgotten army"

I'ts the 15th August and I wont forget it. Never a forgotten army, not in my minds eye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.