VE DAY

But it is the Second World War that shaped her. After the German invasion of her country, Jeanette joined the fledgling organisation that became known as the French Resistance. She spent the entire war writing and distributing leaflets opposing the Germans, and their puppet government.

"We moved at night," she says. "During the winter, that was fine but during the summer we had to wait longer for it to get dark. We operated in pairs and I went with this man…" she points to a picture of a man, among the documents littered on her table, "My comrade. He was killed.

https://news.sky.com/story/ve-day-w...nce-we-sang-we-hoped-and-we-believed-11985303

But it is the Second World War that shaped her. After the German invasion of her country, Jeanette joined the fledgling organisation that became known as the French Resistance. She spent the entire war writing and distributing leaflets opposing the Germans, and their puppet government.

"We moved at night," she says. "During the winter, that was fine but during the summer we had to wait longer for it to get dark. We operated in pairs and I went with this man…" she points to a picture of a man, among the documents littered on her table, "My comrade. He was killed.

https://news.sky.com/story/ve-day-w...nce-we-sang-we-hoped-and-we-believed-11985303

The partisans of France, Greece, the Balkans, poland, ukraine and especially the Italians that were on mainland europe throughout the war battling the Nazis and their allies.

They gave vital information and caused plenty of routes of passage and caused sabotage that aided the allied forces throughout.

The partisans of France, Greece, the Balkans, poland, ukraine and especially the Italians that were on mainland europe throughout the war battling the Nazis and their allies.

They gave vital information and caused plenty of routes of passage and caused sabotage that aided the allied forces throughout.

Thanks,i love seeing stuff like that,nothing was and ever will be as hard as the two world wars,i think it is a real shame that it has passed so many generations by

The house of one of my neighbours today.

IMG-20200508-155432.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.