VE DAY

Your uncle Jim would probably point out that the British, and Commonwealth forces (The Desert Rats) didn't need the Yanks at El Alamein :-)
I will raise a glass to all the hero's today along with much of my street from the front of our gardens.
I'm as patriotic as anyone. I'm fucking glad the allies won the war but let's face facts. Without the USA the Germans would probably have won.

I'm as patriotic as anyone. I'm fucking glad the allies won the war but let's face facts. Without the USA the Germans would probably have won.

I think instigating Operation Barbarossa affect the germans most in the latter years tbf helped just as much and also most of Italy Joining the allies in 43 stretching germany more

Nicer than today's meat eating fascists though Gaylord.
I'll have to take your word for that, Leonard.
I think instigating Operation Barbarossa affect the germans most in the latter years tbf helped just as much and also most of Italy Joining the allies in 43 stretching germany more
Hitler had a soft spot for us. Unlike a few on herr.

Was it on penalties?

I cant remember a fing but I initially thought we had lost. I was probably too busy looking at the dodgy scaffolding poles holding the ground up. A dreadful affair and I remained in-clemently tense throughout the whole game. If memory now serves me correctly it was Gerona who we lost against dry bumming us one nil.

Rhine Necker arena below . I think the scaff-poles were on the other side and how that building ever stayed up I will never know. I thought the Germans could build ?

MD7pgJG.jpg

The more I am thinking about it it may have been Gerona's ground that was propped up ?

Last edited:
I don't think so, it wasnt just the americans who were beating them with the allies, the russians had been building up their forces and were destroying them. The germans were overstretched. The war would of lasted a lot longer but eventually the russians, british, french, and every other counties in europe, and the world would of defeated them imo.
However god bless the brave american service men, and women for ultimately ending this brutal war with their military might, and bravery.

I don't think so, it wasnt just the americans who were beating them with the allies, the russians had been building up their forces and were destroying them. The germans were overstretched. The war would of lasted a lot longer but eventually the russians, british, french, and every other counties in europe, and the world would of defeated them imo.
However god bless the brave american service men, and women for ultimately ending this brutal war with their military might, and bravery.
The Russians were being slaughtered. The main reason they joined the Allies was to persuade the Americans and Brits opened up a Second Front to relieve their struggling forces, giving them time to regroup and rebuild and force the Germans to fight on two fronts. Roosevelt wanted a D-Day as soon as 1942, but Churchill talked him out of it. In the end it was decided to cut the Germans throat (oil supplies) in North Africa, before proceeding with any major European offensive.

Had we not proceeded with Torch and Husky, the Soviets would have eventually been overwhelmed, winter or no. In 1942 the Soviets were in really bad shape. In the end it was the US and it's manufacturing power that was mostly responsible for turning the tide.

The Russians were being slaughtered. The main reason they joined the Allies was to persuade the Americans and Brits opened up a Second Front to relieve their struggling forces, giving them time to regroup and rebuild and force the Germans to fight on two fronts. Roosevelt wanted a D-Day as soon as 1942, but Churchill talked him out of it. In the end it was decided to cut the Germans throat (oil supplies) in North Africa, before proceeding with any major European offensive.

Had we not proceeded with Torch and Husky, the Soviets would have eventually been overwhelmed, winter or no. In 1942 the Soviets were in really bad shape. In the end it was the US and it's manufacturing power that was mostly responsible for turning the tide.
Damn you Sir, it was Dame Vera Lynns singing that put paid to the hun, and anyone who says otherwise is a traitor (and probably German).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.