VE DAY

This is not correct. The British, and Commonwealth had already beaten Rommel, without the yanks. The Germans retreated to italy. Where the allies started to move northwards up through italy. The Russians were in retreat until lenningrad. There was no new forces sent to africa. Monty had won that that war. Listen I cant carry on with this joust MB, my mrs just pumped up the volume. Have a good day, happy 75th VE :-)
Operation Torch happened in November 1942. The Germans retreated to Italy in 1943. We hadn't beaten the Germans by then, we'd merely pushed them back in the Western Desert Campaign. Then the Germans sent Rommel and he pushed the Brits back again before being stopped (Monty, 2nd El Alamein)

Torch was when the Americans landed with the British in (French) Morocco and pushed Rommel (Kasserine) to Sicily (Husky) . All these "distractions" meant well needed supplies and reinforcements meant for Moscow were routinely diverted.

I think it's time for a little break with some inspirational music, and non better than the track Victory taken from the album Battlecry by Two Steps From Hell and from the pen of Tom Bergeson.. I have no idea what you Jasperos are doing but I have just Right Now put down my G and T and am running headlong toward a Spitfire and If I do not make it back then I would like a whole forum named after me: Three Two One Arc!

Two Steps From Hell: Victory.

Last edited:
Must have been a great feeling of love and unity at the time.

I will be singing along after Lizzie's speech.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.