Vegetarians - Meat replacements

Shopping today and looking at all the new plant based ranges , it occurred to me why do vegetarians/ vegans decide against eating meat but then choose and design food products that are designed to look and taste like the type of food they are looking to avoid? If they want a plant / vegetable based diet why not eat plants and vegetables that look like what they are rather than adding in preservatives and additives to make them look like something else?
Do you feel suitably enlightened by the responses?

My 14 year old daughter turned veggie about 18 months ago and as I do the cooking in our house I think the meat free options are great.

It takes very little effort to substitute her meat for a plant based alternative if I'm making burgers, chilli, spag bol, sausage and mash etc. Saves me thinking of a completely different meal every night.

They are a great stepping stone for someone who's starting out on a meat free life.

What about the vegetarian pricks who say they eat fish. What the actual fuck.
I eat fish but not meat, but here’s the thing, I’m not a vegetarian then am I?

Just had a couple of Linda McCartneys in a sarnie with scrambled eggs & ketchup; mighty fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.