Venus Manchester Club

It won't be unfortunately mate.

Do you know why it’s closed? I know Dave’s about 65 now but I’ve heard he still does all nighters when he goes out so it can’t be just his age. Did something happen on NYE that’s caused it? I’m surprised they didn’t have a closing party because it’d be absolutely hammered the amount of people who love that place.

Do you know why it’s closed? I know Dave’s about 65 now but I’ve heard he still does all nighters when he goes out so it can’t be just his age. Did something happen on NYE that’s caused it? I’m surprised they didn’t have a closing party because it’d be absolutely hammered the amount of people who love that place.

It's nothing to do with his age mate, Dave's fine, nothing happened on New Year's Eve, I agree though, shame they weren't able to have a proper closing party.

It used be to called Club V and was off Deansgate. It then became Venus and was located on Blackfriars Street where the bus stop is opposite the multi storey.

Walking out at 6AM when it was bright on to Deansgate was quite something

I used to leave Jilly’s at 7am. McDonald’s opposite then the 192 home to Longsight. The looks I’d get.

Preferred it back in the old place at club V. Wasn’t really the same when they moved, I ended up in there in September and it had proper gone down hill with groups of stags in there that would have never got in previously.

Fair play to them for keeping it going so long, Sankeys and Venus now gone. Not many other places to go out listen to some house and get off your nut.

Thought it was full of pretentious twats and a bit boring but it did well to last so long in this day and age.

Precisely.

Aah right, so it was a lease issue?

Tbf, I have been noticing there's been less people in there of late. Even on NYE, room 2 wasn't open which is a sad state of affairs. I've been there when it's just been room 2 open so things are definitely going downhill plus the fact that the location is a little bit off the beaten track with some of the rip off bars around Peter Street/Spinningfields becoming more popular these days despite the fact that they're soulless boxes, playing shite hip hop. Sad times for house music. He should reopen it in another location, maybe fortnightly but obviously it's gonna be difficult to negotiate a lease for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.