Venus Manchester Club

Aah right, so it was a lease issue?

Tbf, I have been noticing there's been less people in there of late. Even on NYE, room 2 wasn't open which is a sad state of affairs. I've been there when it's just been room 2 open so things are definitely going downhill plus the fact that the location is a little bit off the beaten track with some of the rip off bars around Peter Street/Spinningfields becoming more popular these days despite the fact that they're soulless boxes, playing shite hip hop. Sad times for house music. He should reopen it in another location, maybe fortnightly but obviously it's gonna be difficult to negotiate a lease for that.

Yeah, I agree mate, problem is, there's nowhere in Manchester to just 'End up' these days unplanned, if you wanna do that kind of thing there's only really Albert Hall, Gorilla or Hidden as real options and you'll need to get tickets more often than not beforehand. Hopefully Dave does something else but I supposed it depends if he can be arsed at his age really.

Do we have any clubs these days in Manchester, most seem like bars with music

Unfortunately not, in the past and at different points I had residencies at Sankeys, North, Ampersands, Venus and Relish, these days they've all closed down, it's sad.

Unfortunately not, in the past and at different points I had residencies at Sankeys, North, Ampersands, Venus and Relish, these days they've all closed down, it's sad.
Yes its very sad, The Boardwalk was always my favourite.

Do you know why it’s closed? I know Dave’s about 65 now but I’ve heard he still does all nighters when he goes out so it can’t be just his age. Did something happen on NYE that’s caused it? I’m surprised they didn’t have a closing party because it’d be absolutely hammered the amount of people who love that place.

There'll be a 'Closing party' - Not at the club but another venue which should be announce in next week or two.

There'll be a 'Closing party' - Not at the club but another venue which should be announce in next week or two.

Yeah I seen it on Paul Griffiths Facebook. Not sure whether I'll be going yet, great idea but feels a bit like watching MK Dons after Wimbledon went out of business.

Yeah I seen it on Paul Griffiths Facebook. Not sure whether I'll be going yet, great idea but feels a bit like watching MK Dons after Wimbledon went out of business.
Haha, fair enough, it'll be a good doo when it happens, nowhere else to really go in meantime mind although Mark Knight at Gorilla on 2nd of Feb will be decent.

Haha, fair enough, it'll be a good doo when it happens, nowhere else to really go in meantime mind although Mark Knight at Gorilla on 2nd of Feb will be decent.

Yeah I reckon Gorilla will be the place to go now for house music. Don't know if I'll be there on the 2nd, I like Mark Knight and one of the best feelings in life is dancing to 'man with the red face' after a couple of Es haha but either way, should be a mint night. There's actually a top video of Venus that was doing the rounds on FB a few months ago when that song comes on, everyone in the club goes sick, probably my favourite video from there. Trying looking for you but couldn't find it. I feel like I've lost a close relative knowing there'll be no more nights like that, proper gutted mate. So many incredible nights in there.

Yeah I reckon Gorilla will be the place to go now for house music. Don't know if I'll be there on the 2nd, I like Mark Knight and one of the best feelings in life is dancing to 'man with the red face' after a couple of Es haha but either way, should be a mint night. There's actually a top video of Venus that was doing the rounds on FB a few months ago when that song comes on, everyone in the club goes sick, probably my favourite video from there. Trying looking for you but couldn't find it. I feel like I've lost a close relative knowing there'll be no more nights like that, proper gutted mate. So many incredible nights in there.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Me and my group (circa 15 of us of men/women) have been in what feels like mourning the last week. A real shitter to be honest, the place has been the catalyst for many friendships and relationships. It laid the foundations of our love for all things House music and created some wild memories that I'll personally hold very dear to me as a montage to my youthful self. The fact we still went albeit on an not as regular basis and we literally rocked up and nothing had changed was testimony to how well it was run and how comfortable people were with the place.

I might be coming across soppy here but that place meant an awful lot for so many reasons.

Whatever spin off is put together, I'll be there. Dave, Ben & Davo deserve it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.