Vestibular Nerve Damage

mosssideblue

Yesterday, my 13 yr old border collie just fell over for what looked like she had had a stroke. Her eyes were constantly flickering and she is drooling persistently. She was so unstable and didn't know where to put herself. tbh I thought I was loosing her. Rushed her to the vets and she thinks it is VND and that she has a good prognosis.

Today she has shown some improvement (albeit slight) and I was wondering has anyne else gone through this ith their pet and what kind of timeframes are involved for recovery

Yesterday, my 13 yr old border collie just fell over for what looked like she had had a stroke. Her eyes were constantly flickering and she is drooling persistently. She was so unstable and didn't know where to put herself. tbh I thought I was loosing her. Rushed her to the vets and she thinks it is VND and that she has a good prognosis.

Today she has shown some improvement (albeit slight) and I was wondering has anyne else gone through this ith their pet and what kind of timeframes are involved for recovery
I’ve been through it personally and still am, fucks your balance right up, some drugs help though.

Poor girl. Hope she recovers quickly.

If it’s nothing like Meniere’s syndrome which I have suffered from its fucking awful but you get better.

Meniere’s affects the balance sensors in the inner ear.

I was throwing up, could not see, or the room was just whizzing round really fast, I had to crawl to the bathroom on my hands and knees. No way could I stand, even crawling I kept falling over. Attacks could last hours and after one I’d sleep for hours. It lasted about a month then just went away.

3 days since she collapsed and whilst we are still very worried, we are seeing some gradual improvement. A little more independent and eye flickering not as bad. Drinking plenty of water but still not eaten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.