Victory Parade?

bluedan

Just read this morning that if City were to win the FA Cup that the club plan to do a victory parade.

Personally I am baffled. 2 years ago Yes, as it was our first trophy in a long time. Last season of course.

Would beating Watford, Stoke, Leeds, Barnsley, Chelsea, Wigan warrant this?

of course we should.....

it doesnt matter who we had to beat to get to the final.....the FA cup is the biggest, oldest and possibly one of the best known club competitions in the world so of course if we win it we should celebrate.

its like all those people who believe the Carling Cup doesnt matter...it does.

Everything now seems to be dominated by Chumps league and nothing else....its pretty sad really

bluedan said:
Just read this morning that if City were to win the FA Cup that the club plan to do a victory parade.

Personally I am baffled. 2 years ago Yes, as it was our first trophy in a long time. Last season of course.

Just read the MEN and the Rags have actually "pinched" our date that we should have been having,assuming we win the FA Cup.

Their parade will be smaller and through the streets of Trafford whereas ours..........

oakiecokie said:
bluedan said:

Just read the MEN and the Rags have actually "pinched" our date that we should have been having,assuming we win the FA Cup.
We're playing at Reading the following day so the team wouldn't be in Manchester anyway.

There's no way we would have had a parade on the Monday IF we do end up winning the FAC because we play the very next day away at Reading. We waited until the 23rd May (final was 14th May) two years ago because we were playing Stoke that midweek.

IF we do win the FAC we should definitely have a parade though. Make it the week after the final Prem game like we did in 2011.

what.. i remember the parade after we beat newcastle in 76 and that was in the league cup, of course we should have a parade

oakiecokie said:

I read that headline as well ........... how can they pinch it when we haven't actually won the bloody cup yet , never mind set a date for a"victory" parade .

Yes, it's winning the FA Cup!

I would like to think the future is trophy laden but you never know in football. You should always celebrate your victories.

You know who will be having one and I think we should hit the streets too and in big numbers.

Talking of which I think the council should get in touch with United and ask them if the same 500 people are turning out as last time. 3 men and a dog on Deansgate. Pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.