Video editing

brooklandsblue2.0

Good morning. I’ve got a new laptop arriving today and I want to start editing some short videos. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

I don’t need anything fancy, just the ability to “cut” parts where I mess up etc and maybe add some titles / logos etc.

I’m not very good at stuff like this, is there a (preferably) free tool that anyone could recommend or maybe there’s something that comes built in with Windows 10?

Thanks.

There's an app called Video Editor in Windows 10 (the clue is in the name...). Not tried it but most such programmes do the basics (like you mention) in much the same way. There are also loads of online guides for this sort of thing which is probably a good place to start. Google is your friend!

Good morning. I’ve got a new laptop arriving today and I want to start editing some short videos. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

I don’t need anything fancy, just the ability to “cut” parts where I mess up etc and maybe add some titles / logos etc.

I’m not very good at stuff like this, is there a (preferably) free tool that anyone could recommend or maybe there’s something that comes built in with Windows 10?

Thanks.
Sony Vegas.
Get started with their Cinema software for about 40 pounds, easy to use and gives good results.
If you get hooked on video editing, Sony Vegas Pro is exceptional but like all professional products it is a lot more expensive but unbelievably flexible.
Edit
Now bought by Magix but still retain Vegas, I think their starter software may be called Movie but it is about 35 pounds.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.