[VIDEO] Gary Neville Analyses our Defensive Issues [VIDEO]

Jumanji

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEqFYr17Iw[/youtube]

Note to mods: Don't merge. There is a thread discussing it, but many people haven't seen the footage and asked for it. Cheers :-)

Jumanji said:
The Balkan lads really fucked us indirectly. Oh well, learn and move on.

Not for me.

Fair analysis but I think the first goal was down to a De Jong mistake. His primary role is to protect the back four however as Neville says he's 5 yards out of position. Dzeko could have done better but De jong was the main culprit.

Second goal, I think Richards has got to hold his hands up. He's got the best view of it as Kolo is stuck in no mans land, with his heading prowess you'd expect him to win that one given his strong starting position.

Third goal, Kola and Vinny leave Kolo stranded.

salfordblues said:
Jumanji said:

Not for me.

Fair analysis but I think the first goal was down to a De Jong mistake. His primary role is to protect the back four however as Neville says he's 5 yards out of position. Dzeko could have done better but De jong was the main culprit.

Second goal, I think Richards has got to hold his hands up. He's got the best view of it as Kolo is stuck in no mans land, with his heading prowess you'd expect him to win that one given his strong starting position.

I said indirectly. They weren't the only ones to blame. It was a collective effort, however you just saw Dzeko on multiple occasions failing to track back like Balotelli did. Had he, we might've not conceded two goals. Not his fault per se, but he does have an effect on the game.

I do agree that De Jong's positioning should have been much better and that disappoints me.

Yaya is tracking back like me. Only difference I'm not a player.

And Kolarov's defending skills are nowhere near close enough to his attacking skills. Top left backs has both he has only one. Still paid a fortune for him.

salfordblues said:
Jumanji said:

Not for me.

I agree with this as he should have done better although as soon as the ball goes in the net Micah looks in pain. He had picked up a knock before that and he was subbed at HT so I think he was struggling at that point so he should be judged a little less critically

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.