[VIDEO] Gary Neville Analyses our Defensive Issues [VIDEO]

TCIB said:
Long story short, we are not the finished article.

Does Bobby do the double training sessions at this point in the season, shirley not ?
We've never been shocking like this defensively all season.

I like Neville in the studio but he's talking bollocks about Dzeko. He's a striker, why the fuck should he be on the 18 yard box defending? Yaya and De Jong came out of the analysis pretty badly, as did Kolarov, but Dzeko was hung out to dry

jay_mcfc said:
I like Neville in the studio but he's talking bollocks about Dzeko. He's a striker, why the fuck should he be on the 18 yard box defending? Yaya and De Jong came out of the analysis pretty badly, as did Kolarov, but Dzeko was hung out to dry
So he doesn't track back?

You should have seen the dangerous cross Rooney blocked today...

Jumanji said:
jay_mcfc said:

The same Rooney who was playing wide left? I don't give a shit what Rooney does and nor do I want our tall forward defending on our own 18 yard box.

Football fans are far to happy to take pundits views as gospel.

As much as I hate the twat, he is bang on there, cheers for helping Bobby with where we went wrong (like he fucking needed help...). Back to basics is needed, getting that back four level and the 2 midfielders where they should be, in front of the back four, especially de Jong who should be playing just infront of them.

jay_mcfc said:
Jumanji said:
jay_mcfc said:

The same Rooney who was playing wide left? I don't give a shit what Rooney does and nor do I want our tall forward defending on our own 18 yard box.

Football fans are far to happy to take pundits views as gospel.
Yes, and the same Dzeko who was wide left at the time.

Similarly, Balotelli who was on the right, tracked back.

jay_mcfc said:

If Dzeko's going to be in that position then he needs to not be walking back, he needs to be helping out defensively, even Balotelli was tracking back down that right wing.

If he can't be bothered defending then he can stay up top lazy guy. He's a good finisher but he's not an all round player like say Aguero or Tevez. Seems lazy at times and to be honest I don't really think he's a world class striker. He's a good one, but not world class. World class strikers can make something out of nothing, are consistent and perform in the big games.

For the past few months all we have heard on these forums is we need wingers to get the service in to Dzeko so that he can get the goals everyone knows he can get. Sorry but we paid 20+ million for a striker that can't make a goal for himself? He would be much better suited at Man Utd with their crossing.

We need to decide what way we are going with transfers, we have so many technically gifted players like Silva, Aguero, Nasri, but yet stick a target man up there that doesn't have the agility, touch, creativity or flair that our other attackers do. It's like sticking Crouch in to Barcelona's team.

He's done well for us this season but I would prefer to sell him and get someone else that is an all round striker, I wouldn't even have Cavani, he's better than Dzeko, has the work rate, desire and pace, but still, not what Man City needs. I'm talking about strikers like (KEYWORD: Like) Rooney, Rossi, Neymar, players that themselves can open up defenses, cause fear into the opposing team, work hard etc

At the same time i'm not saying that we should only have one type of striker, but if we're going to have someone like Dzeko who is just aimed at finishing moves and not creating them, we could at the very least get someone who is more physical (pace/strength/work rate) or more technical (first touch), for all his 6'4" frame, how many times have you seen him get out muscled or seen him get beat in the air.

This may feel like a rant but it's just how I truly feel about Dzeko, I wish him the best whatever happens and I will support him as long as he wears a City shirt, but for City's sake, I hope he wont wear it for long.

The same goes for Nigel De Jong, he has been immense for us, and I love his passion and desire he shows for us. However, he's gone as far for us as he can, if we are going to continue to play this style of football then he's going to have to go. Constant back and sideways passes are not going to cut it, there are defensive midfielders out there that have the vision and creativity to pick out passes from deep. Hell we have one on our team, his names Yaya.

Sticking Yaya as a DM he would offer us that physical/creative/technical player that De Jong is not. Just like his Barca days, it would cause even more problems to the opposition having him there, cause he's another attacking threat as well as being solid defensively.

Some of you might think i'm mad for unfaithful or ungrateful, but if you want City to keep improving, then this is what needs to be done. We have no more room for one dimensional players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.