Video Refereeing Trial

es1

If you're not up with your football current affairs, you may not know that the use of Video Assistant Referees will be trialed in the upcoming World Club Cup.

For those interested the IFAB procedure can be found here - http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/216/VAR_Protocol Summary_v1.0.pdf

I think this proposal is not without its flaws (a player can be sent off even if play is brought back sever minutes following a review) and I'm sure plenty on here will suggest it doesn't go far enough and or offer enough transparency (lack of team / coach reviews), however I hope the games in the competition offer up enough debatable match changing incidents to make this trial worth while.

It's a start anyway,i'm sure there will be teething problems at the beginning,hope that doesn't give them excuse to bin it

you're absolutely right, and no doubt there'll still be plenty of dubious / debatable / wrong (in the eyes of fans) decisions made even when it's fully up and running.

It'll not mean refs getting 100% of the big decisions right, but it will mean they get more of them right.

If it works, I'd still not want it in the PL. According to the post match analyses I've seen, we haven't scored a legitimate goal or been awarded a legitimate penalty since 2008. I can't help feeling that whoever was in charge of the review would be very selective in the decisions they overturned.

We all desperately wanted goal line technology from memory hasn't it only been used once for and against us since it came in ,dzeko wasn't it ?

If you're not up with your football current affairs, you may not know that the use of Video Assistant Referees will be trialed in the upcoming World Club Cup.

For those interested the IFAB procedure can be found here - http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/216/VAR_Protocol Summary_v1.0.pdf

I think this proposal is not without its flaws (a player can be sent off even if play is brought back sever minutes following a review) and I'm sure plenty on here will suggest it doesn't go far enough and or offer enough transparency (lack of team / coach reviews), however I hope the games in the competition offer up enough debatable match changing incidents to make this trial worth while.
You won't need to worry about that. Expect the World Club Cup to be spectacularly fixed. Red cards, off the ball incidents, more match changing events than you can shake a stick at. And then when it's introduced, the people doing the reviewing will be receiving 6 or 7 figure sums to offer certain opinions.

Don't want it. All the talking points are slowly being eased out of the game.

Was the ball over the line? Err...yup, the technology says it was.

And now this.

Games should have debatable incidents. That's what's good about football.

Otherwise it's just boring.

What's that noise? Aaah...a death knoll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.