General Videogame Thread

Sea of Thieves is out soon, been watching some youtubers playing the final code with envy, it looks a lot of fun(not to mention that water, those waves and that lighting...) but I feel a bit too old for online multiplayer these days... as Jack says in the vid below the perfect game for a group of mates to play online together.

I'm 51 and have been playing/ testing it for the last year, so you are never too old ;)

You do really need mates to play it with, or at least people you can trust, as the single player version, still online, is bloody hard work. Load canons, make sure you have bananas and wooden planks, set the sail, raise anchor and then steer...remembering where you are going via the compass or checking the map, which is downstairs...and that's before you start exploring, fighting etc etc...running to a canon to get off a shot at another boat whilst your ship wildly rolls the waves is exhilarating. You'll die. A lot. But in a good way.

With other players you can each do a job...which makes the game a hell of a lot easier.

Out on the 20th. 50 quid. Cheaper on cdkeys.

I'd wait until some first impressions are out.

Sea of Thieves is out soon, been watching some youtubers playing the final code with envy, it looks a lot of fun(not to mention that water, those waves and that lighting...) but I feel a bit too old for online multiplayer these days... as Jack says in the vid below the perfect game for a group of mates to play online together.

You can join other crews and don't have to chat really. There is a basic onscreen chat system which is functional and means you don't have to listen to screechy kids. When you've had enough of that then you can set sail on your own as a one man crew in a small ship. Then you have to play stealthily to avoid getting bashed up by the bigger crews. I had great fun doing both.

I’ve just purchased a PS Plus year membership for £37.49. Though I’m not entirely sure why I decided to buy it as I don’t tend to be a big gamer.

I did using PSVR. Tried it for the odd hour here and there, building up the amount of time I was on it slowly. Got to the point I had to sell it on. Shame as I did enjoy playing on it until the sickness kicked in.
VR makes me want to puke at the thought of it. Almost as bad as watching miss roj try a driving game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.