General Videogame Thread

Tried it again last night mate and I'm thinking I'm done with it already. The combat is terrible and the constant fetch quests are awful. It's in dire need of upgrades/content otherwise it'll lose its player base after a week.
Sounds like no mans sky on the high seas.

Don't know if anyone's interested, but there's a big easter sale on PSN.

Sleeping Dogs definitive is about £4, Doom is about £7!

Some good deal to be had

Went a bit mad on the PSN sales last year so reigning it in this year a bit and catching up on the backlog. Heard the witcher 3 is a harder platinum so may go back and focus on that and wait for Monster Hunter, KCD and Ni No Kuni 2 to drop by half or more.

Although just been made aware of an Asus laptop with a GTX 1060 for 729 and trying not to remind myself that my current one is almost a decade old now. Getting back into PC gaming will steal the other half of my life!

Bought Ashes Cricket for £14.99 from Argos and downloaded Heavy Rain from the PS Store for £6.99.

This pretty much says all you need to know about sea of thieves

I took most of what he says with a large pinch of salt, at first glance from the title I thought he was saying No Man's Sky was a really bad game but in his introduction he completely gives the game away by talking at length about the improvements made to No Man's Sky with a bitterness that nobody will give it a chance because of "first impressions". Also seems to have no love for Microsoft "they've been promoting this game and everything man" well no shit Sherlock they funded it.

I don't think you need a review to tell you most of what he said and criticising it for things it never promised is pointless... it turned out pretty much exactly as expected, I knew most of what he said already. Was it being sold on a complex combat system? Not at all. Is it a singleplayer game? You can but it wont be as fun, it's about getting a crew together online and having some adventures on the high seas, it's more of a team game and most people already knew that. I've watched people playing it such as jack's septic eye on youtube and got a far better idea of how good the game is or not, it's a good game offering a fairly unique experience but not really a single player game at heart.

It does sound like they need to keep it fresh with DLC quests and content, I would have thought the pirate battles with other users would be taking up more time. Can you not loot their treasure and what not?

Last edited:
I took most of what he says with a large pinch of salt, at first glance from the title I thought he was saying No Man's Sky was a really bad game but in his introduction he completely gives the game away by talking at length about the improvements made to No Man's Sky with a bitterness that nobody will give it a chance because of "first impressions". Also seems to have no love for Microsoft "they've been promoting this game and everything man" well no shit Sherlock they funded it.

I don't think you need a review to tell you most of what he said and criticising it for things it never promised is pointless... it turned out pretty much exactly as expected, I knew most of what he said already. Was it being sold on a complex combat system? Not at all. Is it a singleplayer game? You can but it wont be as fun, it's about getting a crew together online and having some adventures on the high seas, it's more of a team game and most people already knew that. I've watched people playing it such as jack's septic eye on youtube and got a far better idea of how good the game is or not, it's a good game offering a fairly unique experience but not really a single player game at heart.

It does sound like they need to keep it fresh with DLC quests and content, I would have thought the pirate battles with other users would be taking up more time. Can you not loot their treasure and what not?

I'm loving it. Great game for having a laugh with mates. Joined a random group a couple of days ago, a Greek, a Russian and Danny Dyer. We had a great time and played for around four hours or so. I also like playing solo and doing the quests although its totally different on solo and you have to play far more stealthily.

It's a fun and relaxing game most of the time. Had a couple of epic ship battles that lasted ages.

It will be getting more content but I'm more than happy with it for now.

I'm loving it. Great game for having a laugh with mates. Joined a random group a couple of days ago, a Greek, a Russian and Danny Dyer. We had a great time and played for around four hours or so. I also like playing solo and doing the quests although its totally different on solo and you have to play far more stealthily.

It's a fun and relaxing game most of the time. Had a couple of epic ship battles that lasted ages.

It will be getting more content but I'm more than happy with it for now.
Is the matchmaking/world populator sorted now? He said he sailed for hours without finding another ship to do battle with, surprising that, given the beta didn't seem to have that problem... I didn't catch which version he played though. Is your version Xbox or PC?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.