General Videogame Thread

I've been a gamer my whole life but slowly getting sick of it. Not enough originality in games any more. Hoping No Man's Sky can salvage the ps4. I can't say that I've been overly impressed with it. I still enjoy my xbox 360 games more than any of the newly released games on current gen. I wish developers would stop focussing on fps's, online gaming and dlc and just release a decent fucking game from the off. The Last of Us is probably the best ps4 game and it's just a remastered version of a ps3 game.

Rumours that an new ps4.5 is being released in 2017. A (potentially) real kick in the balls for ps4 owners and console gamers imo. Sony could become like Apple, screwing over it's customers to make some quick bucks.

I get what you're saying foetus. I started gaming playing the Halo series on xbox.

Played Halo 5 recently and found it (single player campaign) extremely short and full of cut scenes.

I'm looking at Quantum Break and it just seems like an interactive movie more than a game.

I just wanna work things out and shoot things/people. I'm not into investing half my game-time into a story.

Just finished Diablo 3 on Xbox One which is a great game. Started on Elite Dangerous last week which is quite possibly one of the best games ive ever played. Its not for everyone but its a stunning game
Is Elite ever going to be released on the Ps4? This game is the one ive been waiting for for 30 years.

I've been a gamer my whole life but slowly getting sick of it. Not enough originality in games any more. Hoping No Man's Sky can salvage the ps4. I can't say that I've been overly impressed with it. I still enjoy my xbox 360 games more than any of the newly released games on current gen. I wish developers would stop focussing on fps's, online gaming and dlc and just release a decent fucking game from the off. The Last of Us is probably the best ps4 game and it's just a remastered version of a ps3 game.

Rumours that an new ps4.5 is being released in 2017. A (potentially) real kick in the balls for ps4 owners and console gamers imo. Sony could become like Apple, screwing over it's customers to make some quick bucks.
Only this. I think about the days of Amiga and even earlier, and nearly every game had its own concept. Now it's just slight variants of a couple of genres. Where's the imagination?

I'm playing The Last Of Us at the moment, and don't get me wrong - it's a good game. But there's nothing remotely interesting or original about it. It's just the same game as a thousand others, but done quite well. GTA are the only games that get me truly excited these days. I can't think of anything else.

GTA are the only games that get me truly excited these days. I can't think of anything else.

Yep. Although I'm playing the division atm, it hasn't really got me excited, I don't care about the characters, and the story is very very thin, the action doesn't make up for the thiness of the story, like Just Cause 3 does, the story is wank, but the audacity of the action makes you forget that. GTA on the otherhand, has both gameplay highs and a pretty decent story.

I was a PlayStation lad till I moved to PC about 5 years ago, best thing I ever did. I've played my fair share of indie/sandbox games since moving to PC but the latest one called Stardew Valley on steam is brilliant and it was all designed by one guy on his PC trying to learn how to program and it's made him millions.....

I might give No Man's Sky a miss as I have my doubts about it and think it's hyping up to be a failure, however I think it might do well on consoles as not many sandbox games get as much publicity as No Man's Sky is getting at the moment other than Minecraft...

I'm playing Toukiden: Kiwami at the moment on steam, the PC port is probably one of the worse I've dealt with so I've had to do some tinkering and use a controller but all seems okay and once you scratch away the niggly stuff it's actually a decent RPG/Monster Hunter...

I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 4 and Cyberpunk 2077, mainly Cyberpunk 2077 really just because CD Projekt RED are developing it and they've been outstandingly consistent with the Witcher series and are a company that aren't afraid to push release dates back until the final product is at the very least 99.9% fool proof....

I've still got my PS3 and recently bought Attack on Titan whilst I was in Japan, other than that I'll be getting Persona 4 as well.

Only this. I think about the days of Amiga and even earlier, and nearly every game had its own concept. Now it's just slight variants of a couple of genres. Where's the imagination?

I'm playing The Last Of Us at the moment, and don't get me wrong - it's a good game. But there's nothing remotely interesting or original about it. It's just the same game as a thousand others, but done quite well. GTA are the only games that get me truly excited these days. I can't think of anything else.
Yeh I agree with you about GTA (Rockstar still make great games). Come to think of it, GTAV is probably my favourite ps4 game and that's just a slightly upgraded version of the old gen game. There has been no game from current gen only that I could say is great. Alien Isolation was pretty good but everything else I've played has been 'meh'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.