General Videogame Thread

I'm a bit concerned with some of the State of Decay 2 reviews, by some accounts it sounds very much like they gave it a graphical overhaul and a new setting in the hopes that they'd tempt those that missed the first game into giving it a try this time around. Where does that leave those who enjoyed the first game and were hoping for a more polished, expanded, innovated on sequel? If that's the case I hope they have a lot of DLC and expansions on the way.

From some of the comments I'm not sure if they've completely removed any storyline or have a simple one like the first game had which was what made it different and what they should have expanded on, where the group members you choose and the choices you make helps you create your own storyline that others might not have experienced. Some of the reviewers seem to completely miss the point of why people found the game refreshing the first time around based on some of their gripes. Truly procedurally generated storylines, events and cutscenes may not be possible yet but to attempt to make some inroads and improve on what the first game did is surely what every fan of the first game was hoping for? Not the standard rigid plot that guides you by the hand and is always the same as pretty as those cutscenes may be.

There's also mixed feedback from the gamers comments with regards to bugs, glitches, mission variation or quality and cheap spawning tricks that don't feel organic. The first game had it's share of bugs and glitches but you could forgive those for it's ambition for it's price point and what started out as a Digital Download on Live Arcade I believe. I'm still unclear because it's hard to get any clarification from user comments in reviews these days as you have PS4 fanboys on Xbox one reviews and vice versa trolling like nobodies business. If only they knew those very actions are a telltale sign of buyers remorse because nobody who trolls that much can be "that" happy with their purchase, it's classic overcompensation to validate ones purchase and make oneself feel better. Although I suppose the remorse bit is easily done with the expense involved these days. I'm so glad I retired from the early adopters scene or even consoles in general to some extent but I really found having to skim through so much of that routine annoying because I just wanted to find out the quality level the game is really at as I've had my eye out for the PC release for a while now.

It would be a real shame if they'd somehow not only not expanded on that at all or innovated and smoothed it out but actually managed to make it worse. If it truly is a worse experience then nobody is to blame but Undead Labs, they were given the first party treatment and MS backing this time around, this was their big chance.

Last edited:
I have high hopes for Detroit, let's see one more day to go.
God of war is a fantastic reboot.
Also really excited for Spiderman as its from my favourite developer - which reminds me, sunset was pretty decent and fresh, probably among the best on this generation xbox.
Can't disagree with any of that. Spiderman looks great, and whilst I've yet to play Sunset Boulevard I get the feeling that I will love it.

The big reveal tomorrow by EA on the new battlefield, they shown one screenshot and it is almost certainly WW2. Imagine the battle of Britain or the battle of the bulge will be class.
Call if duty games are crap now, more and more games aimed at online play, I just play campaign mode where you get 50% of the game as a story and then 50% of play which can be completed in 2 days max, gone are the days of 2-3 weeks of a game, so 50 quid for 48 hours is shit, they should do 2 versions an online one for online gamers and 1 for people who don't wish to play online

I'm a bit concerned with some of the State of Decay 2 reviews, by some accounts it sounds very much like they gave it a graphical overhaul and a new setting in the hopes that they'd tempt those that missed the first game into giving it a try this time around. Where does that leave those who enjoyed the first game and were hoping for a more polished, expanded, innovated on sequel? If that's the case I hope they have a lot of DLC and expansions on the way.

From some of the comments I'm not sure if they've completely removed any storyline or have a simple one like the first game had which was what made it different and what they should have expanded on, where the group members you choose and the choices you make helps you create your own storyline that others might not have experienced. Some of the reviewers seem to completely miss the point of why people found the game refreshing the first time around based on some of their gripes. Truly procedurally generated storylines, events and cutscenes may not be possible yet but to attempt to make some inroads and improve on what the first game did is surely what every fan of the first game was hoping for? Not the standard rigid plot that guides you by the hand and is always the same as pretty as those cutscenes may be.

There's also mixed feedback from the gamers comments with regards to bugs, glitches, mission variation or quality and cheap spawning tricks that don't feel organic. The first game had it's share of bugs and glitches but you could forgive those for it's ambition for it's price point and what started out as a Digital Download on Live Arcade I believe. I'm still unclear because it's hard to get any clarification from user comments in reviews these days as you have PS4 fanboys on Xbox one reviews and vice versa trolling like nobodies business. If only they knew those very actions are a telltale sign of buyers remorse because nobody who trolls that much can be "that" happy with their purchase, it's classic overcompensation to validate ones purchase and make oneself feel better. Although I suppose the remorse bit is easily done with the expense involved these days. I'm so glad I retired from the early adopters scene or even consoles in general to some extent but I really found having to skim through so much of that routine annoying because I just wanted to find out the quality level the game is really at as I've had my eye out for the PC release for a while now.

It would be a real shame if they'd somehow not only not expanded on that at all or innovated and smoothed it out but actually managed to make it worse. If it truly is a worse experience then nobody is to blame but Undead Labs, they were given the first party treatment and MS backing this time around, this was their big chance.

Played around an hour of this yesterday. I was hoping for something abit more story orientated, instead it felt like i was on a very big grind having to build a community. The graphics look so poor too for an exclusive in 2018. The cost of it now begins to make sense.

I’ve not got far enough into the game to fully draw conclusions on it. I don’t understand why Microsoft keep introducing games with no story to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.