Vieira here- The future?

I like the guy but it doesn't particularly matter to me either way if he ends up getting the job next. We seem to be forging really positive working relationships with highly respected ageing/ newly retired players by offering them the kind of coaching experience other clubs simply can't.

On top of that, Vieira looks like he's fully conscious of what the situation is; the interview looks like he's being given no false promises and he's an experienced enough professional to acknowledge that anything can happen in football. To be honest, I don't think he comes across as too confident of his chances. However, if he ends up in charge of Barca or Leyton Orient, I'm sure he won't be burning any bridges with our club. So even if Pep stays for ten years or we have five other managers in between, if Patrick was to ever become a top manager, that door would still most likely be open.

I agree.

It's great to have such high quality, high profile people, with a real liking for City, connected with our club, whether they stay here or not.

If circumstances mean Vieira goes on to be a huge success as manager somewhere else, then we have a rival manager who is a friend, rather than enemy, of the club.

And a decent likelihood that he will come to City at some point in the future. It's also good that we have made 'friends' out of people like Lampard & Pirlo, even though the ties don't run as deep as with Vieira.

I agree.

It's great to have such high quality, high profile people, with a real liking for City, connected with our club, whether they stay here or not.

If circumstances mean Vieira goes on to be a huge success as manager somewhere else, then we have a rival manager who is a friend, rather than enemy, of the club.

Vieira has been nothing but a good influence at City since Mancini recognised his worth to the club, and having had the pleasure of meeting him , he is as good in person as he comes across in his interviews.

As has been said City are currently forging good relationships with people who have good standings in the wider football world, which indicates that we are moving in the right direction in so many ways. QUOTE]

Linked with the Arsenal job at the end of this season in today's papers.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.