Vieira replacement?

zangatangring

Don't get me wrong, the transfer speculation has been very delicious and exciting. However, this guy made 32 appearances last season and was an conspicuous figure in a number of these matches. Do we need to consolidate this area because of his departure? If so who're the possible targets?

Just to start us off, I've got 2 people that I can only suggest.

- Daniele De Rossi. This player exudes class, especially for a defensive midfielder. His technical ability is sublime and he's sound defensively and aerially. Certainly a top player. The only problem acquiring him would be the transfer fees (Roma are very resilient as well as whether he's on the decline or not.

- Marouane Fellaini. I know this fella is dichotomous but he's fairly good at the least. Aerially, he's more than enough to fortify our aerial threat. His passings up to scratch and we should all know about his box to box role efficiency. Defensively good and younger than most as well! IMO, it wouldn't happen though!

So guys, any others? any thoughts?

If nasri signs then I assume Barry will drop out of the starting xi and assume the vieira role.

Razak looks like he is close to ready for first team football. If we buy anyone for such a role, Moussa Sissoko from Toulouse would be ideal. Young, talented, looks made for the Premier League and wouldn't cost a bomb.

his replacement is as much a mental issue as an ability one. He did the same as Hamaan - never moved, yet always in space, always in the right place and able to 'win' a foul'. Viera really proved his worth against spurs when we were panicking, trying to defend the 6 yd area. He came on and dragged the entire team forwards and suddenly we were the more threatening.

The lack of an experienced pro and captain could be an issue, despite all the trophies the players have won.

I think we might see Zaba filling in as a DM more this season. Plus Milner will be used more centrally rather than as a wide option. Also depending how Savic does we could even move Vinny up a bit occasionally...? There's also Razak and a couple of others coming through so basically I don't really think we need anyone, and Mancini's never said that he's looking for anyone. Has he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.