Villa game almost sold out

LoveCity said:
And I agree about the empty seats, all of our home games in the league have been 100% sell outs but there have been several hundred no-shows, including two in front of me. This stirs the internet myth that we don't ever sell out.

Selling out is not the same as every seat having a bum on it. If a season-ticket holder doesn't turn up the seat has still been sold.

I'm giving it a miss. I checked last week and by that point already they only had 3rd tier left. At £39 a ticket up there I decided I'd rather not sit on my own.

Norbiton said:
LoveCity said:
And I agree about the empty seats, all of our home games in the league have been 100% sell outs but there have been several hundred no-shows, including two in front of me. This stirs the internet myth that we don't ever sell out.

Selling out is not the same as every seat having a bum on it. If a season-ticket holder doesn't turn up the seat has still been sold.

And that's why I called it an internet myth that we don't sell out.

clubfoot said:
whats the point in buying a season ticket if your not going to go to games?

If someone can only make, say, 10 home games a season then at the current walk-up prices it's probably not much dearer to get a S/T and guarantee yourself a seat for those games, also saving the hassle of having to purchase the tickets match by match. If you can sell the ticket on for the remaining games it's an even better deal of course.

StMark's said:
11 seats left for sale online.

Just upper corners to sell if they put them on general sale as against Everton and then another sell-out two weeks before the game.

if our mibs could still afford to go we'd have sold out by now!

Balti said:
StMark's said:
11 seats left for sale online.

Just upper corners to sell if they put them on general sale as against Everton and then another sell-out two weeks before the game.

if our mibs could still afford to go we'd have sold out by now!

Arf!

peoffrey said:
lancs blue said:
Aye, another sell-out with hundreds of empty seats dotted around the place, the club badly needs to sort out a new ticket exchange facility for S/T holders, it's getting ridiculous to see so many seats empty when there's clearly a demand for tickets.

I agree in principal but does anyone know whether other Clubs offer a similar service? I used SeatExchange to sell once and their service was shambolic.

find that hard to believe mate, our ticket office is usually world class

LoveCity said:
How many season cards were sold this season? As soon as tickets go on general sale the entire first and second tiers are sold out instantly, it seems like the only place to get a ticket straight from the off is the nosebleeds. We appear to be at a level where a 50-55,000 seat stadium is realistic for league games.

Cup games are another thing, look at how many seats are available for Villarreal, it looks like only a small number of season card owners joined the CL scheme.

The club did not announce how many season tickets were sold. They just said that it was a record. It was 35,000 in 2010/11 and the record was 36,000 when we went to the new ground so 37 to 38k wont be too far away

I agree we could comfortably sell out 50 to 55k in the League at the moment. And if we extended the ground to 60k it would attract a new number of fans. The Etihad Stadium is impressive but stadiums like Bayern, the San Siro etc are on another level. We need to build a new ground, or extend our ground to a minimum of 60k

The Villa game will sell out over the weekend a fortnight before the Villa game - unless we get some of the away allocation in tier 2 of the South Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.