Villa (H) Post Match Thread

TBH I had absolutely no idea what the hell the fuss was about as I was watching sound off and multi-tasking on a work call until I saw the replay later. Mings — who was heroic otherwise — had no idea he had man on and that’s on him or his teammates. Once he took possession what’s Rodri supposed to do — fucking stand still? By the interpretation of the rules on offer from those bitter about it I guess he’s offside for the rest of the fucking match then? Idiots.

tenor.gif

"Not in the spirit of the game"

Pep says he hopes Walker’s problem is just a kick but that KDB looks like a muscular problem.

Just in: Kevin De Bruyne / Kyle Walker injury updates: - Pep Guardiola has said he hasn't spoken to the doctor, but with Kyle Walker's injury, hopes it's "just a kick". - On Kevin De Bruyne: "Might be something muscular

I bloody love it on nights like tonight. A load of City hating bias, a bit of controversy and a City win, then a load of City hating crying, squirming, moaning, fury... sweet as fuck!
Totally agree...it doesnt bother me anymore. It just shows we are pissing them royally off, and they are utter bitter cunts

Makes me just laugh and take the piss out of them

The offside rule is absolute wank and Rodri should have been offside. IMO, the moment an offside player goes towards the ball he is interfering with play. I remember Dinho giving a penalty away in the CL for pulling back a player who was offside. Yet because the player didn’t touch the ball, the foul counted.

That said, the issue here is the offside law and not the decision.

It’s funny though how the pundits only seem to have a huge issue when these decisions go in our favour. I don’t recall McManaman disputing the penalty that Liverpool got in the CL final because the ball wasn’t on target.
He was onside by the time he took the ball off the Villa player. Not sure what the fuss was about.

The worst of it was Walton came back and spent about 90 seconds explaining in detail why he was initially wrong & why under the rules it was a perfectly good goal. Camel Gob then said that in his opinion it shouldn't have stood!

Guarantee they will do the same on Match of the Day. They will read the law out and then they will all say that they still feel it is offside even though the letter of the law clearly says the goal was 100% fine.

Love it, Walton being forced to admit he didn't know the rule book he is paid to know.

Well done Robbie Savage sticking up for us.

As for Bernie, he has been back to his best for three or four weeks, him and Gundo won us that with their desire to keep going.

Sterling and Jesus need to either get with it or don't fucking sulk if other players are in better form.

Thought it was Rodri's best game for a while, but our midfield never learnt that Grealish likes to drive inside with the ball.

Phew.
Against very good side, we played our game and we’re back to our Best
Trust in PEP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.