Villa post match thread

stony said:
stan bowles said:
Tough on Villa that. They deserved at least a draw for the way they played today. It looked like two teams moving in opposite directions - they looked organised, eager, quick about the pitch and hardworking whereas we looked slow, predictable and often second best to the ball.

It was another lazy, sloppy performance. Starting Lampard and Yaya in the middle was a mistake. Delph and Grealish made them look like dinosaurs as they passed and moved the ball almost at will. When did Silva decide he doesn't have to tackle any more ? I saw him pull out of at least 2 tackles today. He wasn't like that last season. I thought he was poor again today. Why has Aguero stopped making runs to the near post ? Both Navas and Kolarov put decent crosses in today and I'm sure last season he'd have been on the end of some of them but he was stood still at the back post and Villa dealt comfortably with them.

A lucky win. One that shouldn't disguise the fact that the team is a million miles away from where it should be. More deadwood than the wreck of the Mary Rose and it needs clearing out. Oh and perhaps the players could check they have the right studs BEFORE the game started. The number of players slipping over at important times was embarrassing.

No they didn't. They were given the gift of an offside goal and the benefit of two stonewall pens against them not given.
We played poorly, but if anyone was harshly treated, it was City. It was not a lucky win, it was a deserved win. If Villa had taken anything from that game it would have been a travesty.

Yes they were unlucky. They dictated the game. Even Pelle said we were lucky.

welsh_andy said:
its 3 points so who cares. sack the board

A win's a win, three points is three points. Nowt else matters. They can play like that for the rest of the season and win each match 3-2! Had that been any other top four team we would have had the 'not playing well but grinding out a result' pundits out of the skirting board and eulogising the team's doggedness!!

stony said:
Rammy Blue said:
Which incidents were the stonewall pens?

I'm guessing Sergio must have been pulled back and that was one?

Merlin hacked down right in front of Dean. As blatant a pen as you will see.

Can't think of that one for some reason.

Why can't Joe Hart catch the ball from a corner? The abysmal punching attempts make him look retarded. Or maybe he has too much tape on his three outside fingers?

even if we get the points that was a disgraceful performance....lampard fernando and yaya in MD WTF?????? wtf was MP thinking when he decided to do that when we have fernandinho who is our best md by a mile on the bench??? jesus christ..just hope we finish the season strong and replace and rejuvane this squad in the summer...oh yeah and replace the manager too

Gaylord du Bois said:
Rammy Blue said:
Which incidents were the stonewall pens?

I'm guessing Sergio must have been pulled back and that was one?
The challenge on Spanish Dave was the other.

Yup, player won the ball but he was reckless in the challenge and wrapped himself around Silva - that is a foul in this day and age.

stan bowles said:
stony said:
stan bowles said:
Tough on Villa that. They deserved at least a draw for the way they played today. It looked like two teams moving in opposite directions - they looked organised, eager, quick about the pitch and hardworking whereas we looked slow, predictable and often second best to the ball.

It was another lazy, sloppy performance. Starting Lampard and Yaya in the middle was a mistake. Delph and Grealish made them look like dinosaurs as they passed and moved the ball almost at will. When did Silva decide he doesn't have to tackle any more ? I saw him pull out of at least 2 tackles today. He wasn't like that last season. I thought he was poor again today. Why has Aguero stopped making runs to the near post ? Both Navas and Kolarov put decent crosses in today and I'm sure last season he'd have been on the end of some of them but he was stood still at the back post and Villa dealt comfortably with them.

A lucky win. One that shouldn't disguise the fact that the team is a million miles away from where it should be. More deadwood than the wreck of the Mary Rose and it needs clearing out. Oh and perhaps the players could check they have the right studs BEFORE the game started. The number of players slipping over at important times was embarrassing.

No they didn't. They were given the gift of an offside goal and the benefit of two stonewall pens against them not given.
We played poorly, but if anyone was harshly treated, it was City. It was not a lucky win, it was a deserved win. If Villa had taken anything from that game it would have been a travesty.

Yes they were unlucky. They dictated the game. Even Pelle said we were lucky.

How the fuck can you call them unlucky when they scored an offside goal and were let off from two pens?
If Sarah Harding had come into their dressing room at half time and sucked them all off, you would be the one standing outside moaning that it wasn't Cheryl Cole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.