Villa post match thread

We showed the willl to win. I dont think we were bad Villa played well. It happens. We lost the midfield at times but we got the result. Some dodgy moments for us but we grinned it out and got the win. Were second again. Were on a run get a win at Spurs and who knows we could well finish the season strong. I think we need legs in midfiled big time.
Fernadhino and Fernando looked good as a pairing when playing together. Yaya and Lampard well it showed at times the game was too quick for them. WE need to bring in a freshness to the team asap. A player or 3 will add to the team. I think we need a winger and 2 midfilders asap.

Ducado said:
paulchapo said:
A bizarre match, at times i had to remind myself this team won the league last season as Villa were running us ragged for long periods. I thought i had gone back in time ten years!

After our gift goal we looked superb,playing some great football and with a bit of luck and boots that actually gripped the turf [ What on EARTH is going on with our players boots and the pitch???] we could have scored a couple more. That then was that,twenty minutes good play then Villa started to take control.

Not many players came out with much credit. Mangala again looks improved aside from the odd wobble and his infuriating habit of keep passing the ball backwards. Zab was good in parts, Silva too and Navas, Fern when he came on, Aguero in patches when he wasn't slipping over.

This team at the moment looks to be playing on memory and a reserve tank and major surgery is needed in the summer.Two strong box to box midfield players, a left back, a centre back and a winger with more end product than Navas. The manager might get another season if nobody else better is available but that is all that will save him. He has been found out big time this season and looks clueless as how to tighten us up at the back and at times we are so wide open it is humiliating. Every single team looks like they will score against us if they have a go and nobody fears us any more.

I feel drained this season has been dreadful aside from a very short period when we won seven games and i can't wait for the final whistle to be blown on the bugger!

I think dreadful is a bit strong 2nd or 3rd is not that bad

We haven't nailed that yet and with Spurs and Swansea away to come and a QPR fighting for their lives at home 4th isn't sure, although a six point gap with the dippers if they win their game in hand might be enough. I think after last season it has been dreadful. Going out at home in both cups with barely a whimper,top players nowhere near their best and our form dipping alarmingly since January.

Ducado said:
paulchapo said:
A bizarre match, at times i had to remind myself this team won the league last season as Villa were running us ragged for long periods. I thought i had gone back in time ten years!

After our gift goal we looked superb,playing some great football and with a bit of luck and boots that actually gripped the turf [ What on EARTH is going on with our players boots and the pitch???] we could have scored a couple more. That then was that,twenty minutes good play then Villa started to take control.

Not many players came out with much credit. Mangala again looks improved aside from the odd wobble and his infuriating habit of keep passing the ball backwards. Zab was good in parts, Silva too and Navas, Fern when he came on, Aguero in patches when he wasn't slipping over.

This team at the moment looks to be playing on memory and a reserve tank and major surgery is needed in the summer.Two strong box to box midfield players, a left back, a centre back and a winger with more end product than Navas. The manager might get another season if nobody else better is available but that is all that will save him. He has been found out big time this season and looks clueless as how to tighten us up at the back and at times we are so wide open it is humiliating. Every single team looks like they will score against us if they have a go and nobody fears us any more.

I feel drained this season has been dreadful aside from a very short period when we won seven games and i can't wait for the final whistle to be blown on the bugger!

I think dreadful is a bit strong 2nd or 3rd is not that bad

I think it's fair to say post January we have been dreadful bar the odd performance.

I am not normally a 'manager out' supporter but after today it looks like he is out of his depth. The first 20 minutes Villa were terrified of us. Then they started to get into the game. At this point we needed 10% more from every player. What we got was 20% less and Villa took control. We had no response to show. We had an international goalkeeper who could not get a ball on a piece of grass 70 Metres wide. A defensive midfielder who calls himself The Octopus because of his tackling! More like a headless chicken. Players who are too static at throws to keep the ball and a team who look as though they were playing Barca rather than a team just out of the relegation zone. Its gone on too long and too often this season.

paulchapo said:

good review tbh.

I hope Villa win the FA Cup. Nothing too intense, I just hope they win it because it’s somebody different, and we don’t have to listen to all that history bollocks.

Fair play, their fans have a great day, and that;s it.

omcfc said:
I was there, we were poor. Simple stuff like the man getting dispossessed not even bothering to chase the man who robbed him. All our players slip continually.

Outplayed for a lot of the match in a way we aren't used to seeing at home. A win, yes, but it won't fool anyone.
They played around us, Played through us , played beyond us . Shocking , yes we won but if anybody lets that paper over the alarming cracks then they are living in Lala land . The lack of work rate and desire is Appalling . Drastic surgery is required . Just releived we got the three points .

carlosthejackal said:
omcfc said:
I was there, we were poor. Simple stuff like the man getting dispossessed not even bothering to chase the man who robbed him. All our players slip continually.

Outplayed for a lot of the match in a way we aren't used to seeing at home. A win, yes, but it won't fool anyone.
They played around us, Played through us , played beyond us . Shocking , yes we won but if anybody lets that paper over the alarming cracks then they are living in Lala land . The lack of work rate and desire is Appalling . Drastic surgery is required . Just releived we got the three points .

I feel like that after the first 20 minutes, your lot thought the game was won, so eased off. Then as we grew into the game, we all knew you'd get that next goal. It was predictable. Us coming back to 2-2 was a shock, but somehow I knew we'd still get beat. Just out luck.

For all you've spent, you can't buy a spirit, which is what we shown today. Still, I'd swap league positions in a heartbeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.