Villa post match thread

Neville Kneville said:
baildon blue said:
Just seen the high lights .
Good job Guzan was embarassing .
Because we looked bloody shite .
Also got away with an off side that makes a refreshing change .
Only good thing about that was the win .

So have I & it showed we should have been 3 or 4 up before Villa had a kick inc a pen on Aguero, & then we let in two Joe Hart inspired goals, got away with an offside & scored at the death to win it.

All 90 mins are included in the game as I understand it.
Agree.
Joe did well in making the game an entertaining spectacle.
His distribution and dealing with crosses from free kicks and corners was exceptional.

We need a player like Gareth Barry ,
I still miss him .
He gave us energy in midfield .

baildon blue said:
I still miss him .

and Lescott at the back, he gave us a defender in defence

We need a huge clear out. The age thing we keep hearing is ringing true. Today was such a lethargic half arsed performsnce. We need an injection of youth big time.

fredmont said:
baildon blue said:
I still miss him .

and Lescott at the back, he gave us a defender in defence
Defending is so passe. Didn't you know it's all about how you bring the ball out of defence not how you defend.

kupest said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Job done , if that had been Mourinho , it would have been a great "win ugly" performance , but we get a load of criticism mainly from our own fans .If we finish top 3 , we have salvaged something from a very poor 2015 , we have set a very high standard over the last few years , and admittedly we have slipped below this in the last couple of months.
Despite UEFA's best efforts our club is going to be hugely successful over the next decade , so a couple of months of poor performances is not the end of the world , the main gripe is the attitude and application of some very good footballers , and that is definitely down to the management team , i really would like to see Klopp at the club , hes a proven winner and a passionate manager who gets the best out of his players. Two more wins guarantees champs league for a 5th season , and we need to sell the players who obviously do not want to play for the club or our manager , and bring in younger hungrier players and give some of youth players and players we have had on loan , a chance in pre season .

Perfect post.

Spot on.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Blue Llama said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Can't believe there's people saying that Villa deserved to win and that we just got lucky. Not only the c*nts on Sky but also some city fans.

We clearly didn't play great (and we need obvious changes) but we were denied pens as well. They didn't deserve victory.

Not sure what you watched. They took us apart for 70 minutes. We kept giving them the ball back and if they could finish they would have won. We did nothing to counteract a bottom 5 team who were playing our defence and midfield of the park.

And they couldn't so how do they deserve the victory? They had a goal which was controversially ruled offside and we were denied at least one penalty.

They also foolishly gifted us a goal and paid for it at the end. Not like they outclassed us on shots on target either.. we both had 4.

They gifted us a goal but Joe gifted them 2!

Bugs the heck out of me when I see a substitute coming on for the last 10 mins or so and not bust a gut to challenge a ball or chase a defender down thats 5 yards away from him. Small thing I know but just typifies the malaise thats running through the whole squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.