Villa post match thread

I know Bony only had a brief cameo, however I must say I watched Benteke and thought he is a beast in the air and would probably have been the better purchase.

CelesteItis said:
karen7 said:
hkbluey said:
Why can't Joe Hart catch the ball from a corner? The abysmal punching attempts make him look retarded. Or maybe he has too much tape on his three outside fingers?

Stupid post

Not, really, Hart was at fault in both brum goals.

And it seems he isn't working anywhere near hard enough to address his distribution issues. It's an important quality for a GK to have.

The problem is if our defenders are pressed then he has to kick it long. Due to having no big outlet up front usually he has to kick it wide so often it goes out. I thought he was slightly unlucky today he came and punched both crosses and got them clear, Cleverley's was a hit and hope and the other a decent finish, on another day he would have got away with both.

nmc said:
moon said:
Motd mentioned Aguero should have had a pen in the commentary (scored straight after Silva claim) but only discussed the Villa pen and how they should have been 3/2 up after the highlights

Not sure I heard right but thought the commentator - who was an idiot - said when they looked at the Silva penalty that the scissor tackle was 'perfectly executed' what does that mean?
I think it means it would be perfect if commentators (and pundits) were executed.
Alternatively it means a tackle that Vince would have been booked or sent off for as there was a perceived lack of control by the defender was ignored because David Silva was the victim.

Lancet Fluke said:
fredmont said:
baildon blue said:
We need a player like Gareth Barry ,
I still miss him .
He gave us energy in midfield .

and Lescott at the back, he gave us a defender in defence
Defending is so passe. Didn't you know it's all about how you bring the ball out of defence not how you defend.
The way we defend too often against teams in the bottom half means we don't have to bring it out of defence: We restart with it on the centre spot.

LoveCity said:
IMO the best "minor game" atmosphere today for a long time. Not saying it was great (it was dead at times, but not like last week) but it's been a while since there's been that much persistent singing at the Etihad.

Pretty horrible performance though except early on.

When was the last time you went ?

dasblues said:
LoveCity said:
IMO the best "minor game" atmosphere today for a long time. Not saying it was great (it was dead at times, but not like last week) but it's been a while since there's been that much persistent singing at the Etihad.

Pretty horrible performance though except early on.

When was the last time you went ?

Are you still stalking me, you saddo? I was there today and every other game this season, how about you?

paulchapo said:
The problem is if our defenders are pressed then he has to kick it long. Due to having no big outlet up front usually he has to kick it wide so often it goes out. I thought he was slightly unlucky today he came and punched both crosses and got them clear, Cleverley's was a hit and hope and the other a decent finish, on another day he would have got away with both.

You have a point there but then you have to question why we don't work on alternatives in training. They should constantly be practicing playing it out from the back under intense pressure.
The centre backs usually split but they are never wide enough to actually receive the ball, it's just a token effort, and even if they were there's nobody else to pass to so they'd only have to lump it anyway.

Look at how Barcelona do it with probably a smaller starting 11 than ours. The centre backs split, Biscuits or whoever is playing dm offers himself down the middle and the fullbacks find a space wide, when was the last time Joe hart dinked a ball over to Zabba like Barcelona do all the time with Alves to get out of trouble and keep possession relatively easily? We give away possession so much by being pressed and forced to kick it long which either goes out of play or goes straight to the opposition and against good teams it costs us dearly. Ultimately, it's just another problem that's easily spotted by the fans but never changes

I thought we tried really hard today -------------------------- to lose the game.
Villa were in all sorts of disarray after they gifted us the opener, instead of going for the jugular we sat back and let them get their heads sorted.
How many times did one of our players slip, don't they have studs on their boots anymore. Perhaps we should stop watering the pitch on game day.
Why didn't Mike Dean give the penalty for the tug on Kun when the TV replays showed him with a clear view of the incident.
We played 45 minutes without Yaya and I don't think we missed him that much (I'm not having a go at Yaya just thinking that if he goes in summer we should be able to cope - just a different game plan needed).
Two wins for teams playing in royal blue tomorrow please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.