Villa post match thread

wattle said:
cheddar404 said:
Words fail me for how poor that performance was. Inferior in every department to a side fighting relegation and managed by Tim Sherwood. We have serious problems.
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!
Let me guess, you were there away at Clackmannanshire in 1960 when we were in the old division 7 and a bag of chips cost 2 farthings.

All hail the true fan wattle, who will swallow whatever City dish out without question just because we're not shit anymore. If that's the height of your aspiration then it's you that's not a true fan.

quiet_riot said:
HorlocksWalk said:
Three important points given the dippers result.

The match was memorable for Grealishes socks, back in the day when I played you had to wash your own kit. looks like he had put his socks on boil wash and they shrunk.

Some fans near the front in 106 spend all the game moaning about Kolarov (whether he is playing or not) . Someone shouted at him "you are shit", he responded with "Fuck off". Don't know why some fans go to the game if they don't want to encourage the team?
He is shit, though.

The right back usually has Navas tracking back whoever plays on the left has no one so usually gets exposed.

@BluePhil8 said:
wattle said:
cheddar404 said:
Words fail me for how poor that performance was. Inferior in every department to a side fighting relegation and managed by Tim Sherwood. We have serious problems.
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!
Let me guess, you were there away at Clackmannanshire in 1960 when we were in the old division 7 and a bag of chips cost 2 farthings.

All hail the true fan wattle, who will swallow whatever City dish out without question just because we're not shit anymore. If that's the height of your aspiration then it's you that's not a true fan.

Damn right ! The " we used to be worse than this" line is getting older with each passing season

HorlocksWalk said:

The match was memorable for Grealishes socks, back in the day when I played you had to wash your own kit. looks like he had put his socks on boil wash and they shrunk.

Some fans near the front in 106 spend all the game moaning about Kolarov (whether he is playing or not) . Someone shouted at him "you are shit", he responded with "Fuck off". Don't know why some fans go to the game if they don't want to encourage the team?
That's bad.

blueincy said:
Thought we should have let Frank Lampard go to NYCFC and gave B Zuc the rest of the season playing time.. I also thought we should have gave J Guidetti the 4th striker spot instead of spending 28 mil on Boney, but hey ho, that's what the bigwigs get payed for....

How are Zucullini and Guidetti getting on at their current clubs?

HorlocksWalk said:
quiet_riot said:
HorlocksWalk said:

He is shit, though.

The right back usually has Navas tracking back whoever plays on the left has no one so usually gets exposed.
Great point. It's very obvious at the moment just how much Navas has become to City. He seems to be our mai attacking outlet.

We really need a left sided forward who can do likewise on the left.

I used to always defend Kolarov. He has fantastic left foot ad puts in some great balls, but defensively he isn't as good as Clichy and he can be a bit unpredictable.

We need a couple of left-sided forwards but we no point strengthening until we get a coach who can get the team playing as a unit.

We won but we were very poor for long stretches, and even players like Aguero and Silva seem to be sinking

And the groundsman needs to co-ordinate with the dressing room. Watering the pitch when the players are falling over. Do they not look at the state of the pitch in the warm up?

Simply a poor to average performance from us and Villa not that great either despite what Sherwood may think.

Just as important Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton dropping points which gives us a little breathing space to at least finish 4th (we have to play Spurs away, whilst Liverpool have to play Chelsea away). Thus we should at least now finish 4th barring a calamity, even should we lose to Spurs next week (a draw there would be OK ). We are unlikely to finish above Arsenal as they are in better form . Thus we could finish 3rd if Utds' form is not as good as some people would have us believe, but if we lose at Spurs In think we will finish 4th at best and thus face a qualifying round for the Champions League.

Thinks we have again seen yesterday we have fallen quite some way over the past 6 months and look vulnerable in most games.

Lets be honest players who will not take us any further (despite some providing some signs of good form at times) mean we will not progress if they are mainstays in our team:

Cabalerro, Sagna, Fernando , Fernandinho, Kolarov, Dzeko, Jovetic

If we could replace as many as these in the summer as possible we should

Add to that the conundrum of Toure and perhaps yes it it now time to sell him if we can in the summer.

In addition Navas can be a decent squad player, but a main starter ?. If a decent squad player only, why not sell Navas if possible also and use Barker as a sub\member of the matchday 18 from next season

Lampard of course will not be here and as now looks likely, neither will Milner, add to that Micah Richards (hardly played at Fiorentina either this year) and Scott Sinclair (hopefully Villa will cough up for him) and John Guddetti, and as suggested we have lots of work to do in the summer if we want to challenge for anything next season.

Also no more loans for our players. The club must not be a soft touch anymore. They should apply the same effort into getting as much money from other clubs as they have with getting more money from supporters via next season season tickets price hikes.

Tell any club if they want one of our players i.e. If Inter want Jovetic they must buy him or only buy Toure if they want him more and cannot afford both. Loans simply help players run down their contracts i.e. Micah Richards so we get nothing, or very little for them if they only have a year left.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
markblue said:
kupest said:
For all that taking apart of our team that people on here are on about I don't remember a single decent save from Joe Hart. Infact I don't remember a single shot where they went close per say.

Some drama queens on here kept on spouting how Villa is a tough game and we might lose/draw and when we won they are still unhappy about it.

And to people who keep on talking about how we were poor against Villa and a Tim Sherwood side, they beat Spurs and Pool last week and have scored 12 goals from 8 games under Sherwood, having scored 12 from 25 under Lambert. So obviously they are way better team now from what their league standings suggest.

joe made a good save after about 30 mins when a lucky rebound fell kindly fir Benteke .. Benteke looked offside (no surprise) and should have scored but good save by Hart .. only save I recall

How many great saves did their keeper have to make?

A win is a win but even the most blue tinted fan in the world can't be happy with the way we are playing.

Ofcourse we din't play well, but the general consensus that Villa absolutely dominated us for 70 minutes is a bit far fetched considering they din't test our keeper at all except the goals. Agreed we were poor but our keeper had a relatively easier day compared to some games where we have been kept in it by his saves.

wattle said:
cheddar404 said:

18 moths ago I would of agreed with this but as a club now the manager knows the expectation on him the clubs as a whole expectations are winnings trophies or your under pressure! look at the clubs with expectations it's us and Chelsea win trophies or your in trouble as a manger.. Likes of Liverpool arsenal and the scum its top four and all is well even the media report it like that. personally I like the expectations our club put on the manager it says we won't stand for second best, Us as fans need change our mentality get behind the team at the ground but when there is a performance like yesterday we should be able to have a go at the team, without this look at where were a few years ago...

FantasyIreland said:
blueincy said:
Thought we should have let Frank Lampard go to NYCFC and gave B Zuc the rest of the season playing time.. I also thought we should have gave J Guidetti the 4th striker spot instead of spending 28 mil on Boney, but hey ho, that's what the bigwigs get payed for....

How are Zucullini and Guidetti getting on at their current clubs?

Go on this link put in the name and find out..

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/home.sd?search=john+guidetti

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.