Villa post match thread

We won even though we played like shit! Stuff of the champions there :)
And so what if they should have gotten a penalty - we should have gotten (at least!) one too and that would have been 4-3! Suck it Timmy!
Jeebuz he's really looking like he's going to be Boger 2.0.

After the first 20 minutes (where we looked okay) I thought that was one of our worst performances at the Etihad for quite some time.

Why the fuck is Fernandinho not starting games? He's our best central midfielder at present. It's as baffling to me as it would be not playing Silva or Kun. Those three are our three elite players, the three that I would keep hold of and clear out the fucking whole lot of the rest of them...yet he's on the bench.
This season he's been our best player in games against Bayern, Roma, Barça, Chelsea and the Rags...yet he's on the fucking bench!?!

Thank fuck he was actually on the pitch to bail us out of that one yesterday because we were outplayed for the last hour of the game.

And might I add that Fabien Delph is QUALITY!

nowantads said:
We won even though we played like shit! Stuff of the champions there :)

Chelsea do this all the time and their fans love it.

Occasionally such a win is needed.

wattle said:
@BluePhil8 said:
wattle said:
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!
Let me guess, you were there away at Clackmannanshire in 1960 when we were in the old division 7 and a bag of chips cost 2 farthings.

All hail the true fan wattle, who will swallow whatever City dish out without question just because we're not shit anymore. If that's the height of your aspiration then it's you that's not a true fan.
Haha christ I'm not old!! I just think the bile being thrown at a man that won us the double last year is pathetic. This place is rife with aggressive trumped up little keyboard warriors that know fuck all what's it's about to show a bit of loyalty and patience.
And no I'm not satisfied with what's being dished out by the likes of toure but the bloke has given me some of the best moments of my life so I'd be happy to say thanks and goodbye at the end of the season.
I'm quite happy with at least one trophy every two years and top two/three finishes in the 'rubbish' seasons!!
I'm sorry for expressing a view that does not match yours oh holy one
Love you anyway ;-)

"aggressive trumped up little keyboard warriers"....good one and unfortunately, rather true

Just stuttering along is not what our club is about and we should not just be thankful we got the three points. We're going backwards in terms of performance and our football is becoming aimless and boring. I remember when we had direction and a clear game plan and now when they aren't slippin all over the pitch like 10 baby deer on ice skates they can't seem to even make simple directed passes or beat the first man.

grim up north said:
alanblue said:
How the fuck are we second in the league

We have less points than first but more than third and fourth, not bad for a side that's so shite it's unbelievable
Wait untill we are all on the same number of games played we was the same last season with 2 or 3 games behind to play and we won the league this time we played 2 more we wont finish 2nd in my opinion its 3rd or 4th

wattle said:
@BluePhil8 said:
wattle said:
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!
Let me guess, you were there away at Clackmannanshire in 1960 when we were in the old division 7 and a bag of chips cost 2 farthings.

All hail the true fan wattle, who will swallow whatever City dish out without question just because we're not shit anymore. If that's the height of your aspiration then it's you that's not a true fan.
Haha christ I'm not old!! I just think the bile being thrown at a man that won us the double last year is pathetic. This place is rife with aggressive trumped up little keyboard warriors that know fuck all what's it's about to show a bit of loyalty and patience.
And no I'm not satisfied with what's being dished out by the likes of toure but the bloke has given me some of the best moments of my life so I'd be happy to say thanks and goodbye at the end of the season.

Pellers is, though, a man who says the team will only play one way I.e. attack , but we no longer attack, we just move forward very slowly. Also, why a team that only 'attacks' never put a free kick into the box, rarely shoot and are consistently shit at taking corners I have no idea. Then there is the defence............! We have great players but are far from getting greatness out of them and the team is no longer greater than the sum of its parts.

I'm quite happy with at least one trophy every two years and top two/three finishes in the 'rubbish' seasons!!
I'm sorry for expressing a view that does not match yours oh holy one
Love you anyway ;-)

Having just watched MOTD:

- Aguero definite pen, can't believe lino didn't see it.

- Silva no pen, didn't think it was in the stadium, still don't.

- Benteke onside! He looked miles off in the stadium. Not having the red card though, Benteke hears the whistle and pulls up, surely if no whistle, he'd have just plonked the ball in the net.

Just watched motd myself.

Aguero pen.

Silva pen.

Villa first goal benteke offside.

Benteke onside for the last villa chance but stopped his run when he heard the whistle.

Commentator who said city fans singing bluemoon to try to drown out the constant noise of the villa fans is obviously a twunt who wasn't even in the ground as it was us making the constant noise for the last 20 mins "ole ole, only one city......."

So all in all typical motd agendaism

After we were gifted the first goal we played pretty well for about 15 mins after that IMO. We looked like we might go on and give Villa a drubbing. But after that 15 mins or so, we just faded & let them back into the game. Barring a couple of players, the team look like they don't have much fight or belief at the moment, which is worrying. If we were playing a better team, I think we would have folded like a warm Mars bar, as we did against the rags.

Kolarov's free kick was absolute quality, but up to that point he had been woeful. Wasn't sure about the announcer saying he was voted MOTM!

Hart was poor yesterday, his kicking was terrible, he was lucky that Benteke was ruled offside, or he could have been sent off. He is one of the best shot stoppers in the game as he proved against Barcelona away this season, but he seriously needs to work on his distribution, I wonder if they work on this in training, they should do.

I'm not sure what Fernando offers to the team?

As others have said, I'm puzzled that Fernandinho isn't starting every game.

We should have had 2 pens, but the media haven't spend much time on this, instead they prefer to focus on the"injustice" on the Benteke incident. All this about Pellers not complaining about refs is all well and good, but if he spent more time complaining about the many pens we should have had this season, we might have had more given. The other managers do the complaining for a reason.

Positive thing from the game is we managed to win & get the three points. Overall I thought the performance was poor though. The last 10 mins was quite exciting, I can't get my head around the peole who left after Villa equalised, they missed the best part of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.