Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want us to get rid at this stage at all.

I'd like us to sign a fit centre back in January though. We currently have two CBs and Kolarov (who is actually needed at left back as Clichy is going backwards)

Your first line is the biggest load of bullshit I've read on here in a while. Desperate to get them out of the club ? You're talking bollocks. If they can no longer perform at the required level
then it will be with a heavy heart that the vast majority of fans will wave a sad goodbye to their playing time with us. Maybe they can have a future role at the club if they so desire it but to suggest that there are fans desperate to get them out of the club is ridiculous.

When Scholes & Giggs 'could no longer play to the level required' the rags made them important squad players. They knew their character in the dressing room, their passion for the club, and their experience on the training ground was just as important as what could be given on the pitch.

And no I'm not talking bollocks. There was people on here that wanted Silva gone last season because cause they thought he was past it ffs!

In the cold light of day Vinny is finished as a regular 1st team player , due to his age the injuries will only become more frequent a real shame because i think he has been probably the most influential player to pull on a blue shirt for the last 30 odd years and I absolutely love the guy , unfortunately there is no sentiment in top level football it is now a business not a sport. Sincerely hope he can remain a member of the playing squad for a couple of more years and will still be a big part of the club in future in coaching or as a club ambassador . Whatever happens to Vinny he will go down in history as our greatest ever captain.

He has lost his love for football by the looks of it. More interested in politics if you go by his twitter account.

Agree 100%.

Some fans are desperate to get the likes of Kompany and Zabaleta etc out of the club.

I don't remember even the rags treating the likes of Scholes, Giggs or Neville in the same way.

We want loyalty from the players but are so quick to slate them and want them gone when they're going through bad times.
And look what happened to the rags. Players who were past it were kept on and their club stagnated into the mess they have today. Of course it is wrong for supporters to quickly turn on players and use words such as "Get rid of..." but there always comes a time when the old has to give way to the new and for the two you have named, that time has arrived. But don't fret about it. They will see out their contracts or will agree termination money, and they will remain in the game at a relatively high level, and unlike some of the dross we have had over the years they will speak highly of the club, using words like "We" as we get when listening to former players like Paul Lake, Peter Barnes, Gary Owen and Denis Tueart.

When Scholes & Giggs 'could no longer play to the level required' the rags made them important squad players. They knew their character in the dressing room, their passion for the club, and their experience on the training ground was just as important as what could be given on the pitch.

And no I'm not talking bollocks. There was people on here that wanted Silva gone last season because cause they thought he was past it ffs!

You are talking bollocks. You need to stop believing that a few randoms on an internet forum represent the views of the majority of the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.