Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to him, he probably burst into tears as soon as he got into the tunnel. He'll have been distraught, and probably didn't want to sit on the pitch blubbing!

I can get that and fully understand his emotions, i really can but as a professional you want and expect him to do the professional thing thats all.

The man is a legend for us and this isnt a direct criticism, more an observation, one that would be applied to any footballer in the same position.

Get over yourselves about what is professional and what's not. The team loves VK and will all be gutted if he is injured again. If Pep has a problem with how he left the field, he'll deal with it. Concentrate on hoping that the legend isn't injured and that he'll be ready for Prem football asap.

Dont know if he is injured. If he is and just walked off that was crazy. He needs to go down and halt the game as much as possible. I can only imagine he was peed off at Pep for not taking him off... But no way does that excuse just walking off the pitch.

I dont know if Pep and Kompany had talked just before he came off and I expect that is what happened tbh, Kompany is a professional and always puts the club first.

I do like him, but he twice opted to play for Belgium when successive managers (Mancini and Pellegrini) cautioned against his doing so and requested that he remain at the club for treatment. :-)

i'm not sure i go along with all this "he should never have played 90mins on return from injury" malarky.
2 or 3 more minutes and people would've been saying "great to see vinny get 90mins under his belt".

things happen.
shit happens.
good happens.
bad happens.

apportioning blame gets nobody anywhere.
it's just one of unfortunate those things.

the man is a warrior and he'll pick himself up again.

I do like him, but he twice opted to play for Belgium when successive managers (Mancini and Pellegrini) cautioned against his doing so and requested that he remain at the club for treatment. :-)
Vinny will give all both for club & country, really can't blame him for that.

i'm not sure i go along with all this "he should never have played 90mins on return from injury" malarky.
2 or 3 more minutes and people would've been saying "great to see vinny get 90mins under his belt".

things happen.
shit happens.
good happens.
bad happens.

apportioning blame gets nobody anywhere.
it's just one of unfortunate those things.

the man is a warrior and he'll pick himself up again.

This 100%

Vinny will give all both for club & country, really can't blame him for that.

When you have his injury record, you should listen to the medical dept. There's been at least two occassiins when he's played for Belgium against City's wishes when he's been recovering from injury. He looked good yesterday, shame he's broken down again, Pep probably thought he looked comfortable so kept him on, hopefully a minor thing & just a few weeks out this time.

Surely the main issue to be addressed here is whether, even allowing for language difficulties, use of the term 'locker-room' can be deemed acceptable in any circumstance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.