Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Vinny said nothing yet today? If so his silence says a lot unfortunately. No injury or just a little niggle he would have said so on Twitter. Can't imagine how frustrated and depressed he must feel. Everyone needs to give him a break.
No news of any sort yet,we might have to wait till pep speaks tomorrow lunchtime

When you have his injury record, you should listen to the medical dept. There's been at least two occassiins when he's played for Belgium against City's wishes when he's been recovering from injury. He looked good yesterday, shame he's broken down again, Pep probably thought he looked comfortable so kept him on, hopefully a minor thing & just a few weeks out this time.
although I think you're right, Vinny's just desperate to get that injury prone tag off him and will do anything to prove people wrong, but in doing so, proves the point exactly ... you understand what I'm saying? Anyway, it's a pride thing I guess.

If it was an injury due to going full stretch, isn't it possible that could have happened at 57 minutes or even 5 minutes? I'm not sure you can plan for that and say that his length of time on the pitch was mismanaged.

He went in for the block then put his hand to his hamstring straight away,if it's that then that could happen to any of them and i wouldn't be too worried

although I think you're right, Vinny's just desperate to get that injury prone tag off him and will do anything to prove people wrong, but in doing so, proves the point exactly ... you understand what I'm saying? Anyway, it's a pride thing I guess.
Indeed, and as he gets older it's going to be harder to get rid of that tag.

If it was an injury due to going full stretch, isn't it possible that could have happened at 57 minutes or even 5 minutes? I'm not sure you can plan for that and say that his length of time on the pitch was mismanaged.

Yes and no.

Of course, anyone can pull a hammy going full stretch.

But, our sports science team would know he needs time for his muscles to all balance again, so he probably should have been hooked to lessen the chance of this injury happening so fast.

Yes and no.

Of course, anyone can pull a hammy going full stretch.

But, our sports science team would know he needs time for his muscles to all balance again, so he probably should have been hooked to lessen the chance of this injury happening so fast.
I agree. My worry is this might be something inherent in his muscular physiology, which precludes a lot of precautionary measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.