Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to have a split between those suspecting ulterior motives and those accepting every word from a presser as gospel.

As in many situations, the truth probably lies somewhere between the extremes.

It can and it will happen to Vinny again especially if he continues to play the type of game he plays which is terrific for the team but often to his physical detriment.

Pretty simple matter of risk v reward to me.

Reduce the lunges and the overstretching of the groin and calf muscles during a game and he will reduce the time he is unavailable to take to the pitch.

Under Pep and most competent managers and players who understand how to cover when we don't have the ball it will make life easier for Vinny on the injury front.

He may still pull a hammy on the sprint back etc or with one of his pin point through balls but at least will see more of him on the pitch.

However, what I disagree with is that this would have an impact on team discipline as you suggested. I really can't see a link there.
My friend, I've never suggested anything like this.
For me it's just interesting fact how Pep evolve and manage new team.

If user Pablo1 would have been more familiar with Pep he would knew many players had problems with him in the past.

The medics and Kompany tell Pep if he can play 90 (easy) minutes. Pep doesn't assess Kompany's fitness, he just gets told how fit Kompany is. He was told Kompany was fit to start.
If you watched conference that's not what he told and just your personal interpretation. City should fire medics immediately if they told Kompany would survive 90+ minutes after 5 month w/o a single appearance. I doubt knowing Vincent history of injuries they were so incompetent.

In the end, like I said, not medics, neither Vinny decides how long would he play. It's managers job.

Pep took risky decision, and knowing his thoroughness it's some food for thinking about his relationship with City ex-leader.

Last edited:
My friend, I've never suggested anything like this.
For me it's just interesting fact how Pep evolve and manage new team.

If user Pablo1 would have been more familiar with Pep he would knew many players had problems with him in the past.

If you watched conference that's not what he told and just your personal interpretation. City should fire medics immediately if they told Kompany would survive 90+ minutes after 5 month w/o a single appearance. I doubt knowing Vincent history of injuries they were so incompetent.

In the end, like I said, not medics, neither Vinny decides how long would he play. It's managers job.

Pep took risky decision, and knowing his thoroughness it's some food for thinking about his relationship with City ex-leader.

You are chatting so much shit, and then when people refute your points, you just ignore it.

I have seen the press conference, i suggest you go back and watch it again.

The medics cleared him to start. Pep put him on the bench the week before when he wasn't fit to start.

And then he clearly said kompany was in conversation with the bench and they were keeping tabs on him.

You are chatting so much shit, and then when people refute your points, you just ignore it.

The medics cleared him to start. Pep put him on the bench the week before when he wasn't fit to start.

And then he clearly said kompany was in conversation with the bench and they were keeping tabs on him.
He is camped out here and the kev thread,seems to be trying to blame pep,hmmm

Oh jeez. Where is my pinky pony world.

I saw that conference and Pep never told Company was fit to play 90 minutes. And you wrote it like a given fact from med stuff.

And notice I don't call u a liar or delusional fan.

Medics could have been in touch but it means not too much really. Player under adrenalin and not a robot to examine his muschules fatigue - somewhere he overstretching, overburden and that's it. You can't predict it on 89th minute of the game, the next run would be fatal for me. And what they could do after 3rd sub? Gave him massage on the pitch?

Once again this decision was a blunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.