Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
90% pass completion
Statistically our joint 4th best player in the game
You don't have to be rapid to play in a back 3. Give me football intelligence over pace any day.

His lack of pace was very noticeable yesterday. He still read situations excellently and snuffed out a lot of balls through but I worry our high line is open to exploitation against counter attacking teams. Walker and Mendy/Danilo will have to monitor their wings against better teams and recover.
Agree with this. We have such a lack of pace in that back three it'll be a real worry against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Stones made a terrible pass high up the pitch that led to a counter which was fortunately snuffed out quickly. Vinnies passing is not something I worry about.
Normally I wouldn't worry about it too but last game it was out of character of him to misplace so many passes. Maybe he's just not used to playing so wide on the right.

Did you not read what I said? It's not about his pass completion %, it was more about how and where in the field his pass gets intercepted.
Yes, you said "misplaced so many passes"
The evidence suggests he didn't misplace many at all and I doubt the 10% he did all led to dangerous situations.

Yes, you said "misplaced so many passes"
The evidence suggests he didn't misplace many at all and I doubt the 10% he did all led to dangerous situations.
I said it was out of character of him. The evidence doesn't say shit my friend. I counted at least 3 passes that led to a Brighton breakaway. How many of those 90% were passes to Stones?

I said it was out of character of him. The evidence doesn't say shit my friend. I counted at least 3 passes that led to a Brighton breakaway. How many of those 90% were passes to Stones?
I'll have to rewatch in that case as I can't remember Brighton having more than 3 breakaways (depending on your definition) all game. I don't remember Vinny being responsible for all of them.

I'll have to rewatch in that case as I can't remember Brighton having more than 3 breakaways (depending on your definition) all game. I don't remember Vinny being responsible for all of them.
There were at least 3 caused by Vinny alone but the Brighton player just hoofed it up to no one while on the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.