Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker was getting visibly upset with him near the end of the game. Clueless with the ball.
While true, Walker better not say shit. As he too was often clueless giving the ball away unnecessarily. Just a bad day all together for both.

I think some people have watched a different game today...........whilst not at his supreme best, he was pretty solid had a very decent game.
Ottemendi is getting the plaudits at the moment....but it took him the best part of a season to get used to Peps tactics.....it is far too early to write Kompany off .

I think he had a very good first half.
Can't remember any mistakes in the 2nd.

I think Komps did absolutely right to control the 1-0 lead in a calm way.
Others wanted to go all out to finish the match, sadly playing a wasteful end product.
We should have been less greedy, accept being not at our best today (and Burnley quite well tbf) and play the clock down.
When we want to be successful in big CL games, Pep and the players have to be ready for that option aswell.

Slowed down the game way too much, and i thought Otamendi was being influenced in the same way at times.

Is it me or does he look like he has shed quite a bit of muscle? thought he looked gaunt today.

Not his best game today

It's not just you, I thought the exact same thing when I saw him on the screen before KO.

I've become a little bit blinded to Kompany's shortcomings because on first viewing I thought he was quite good, but when I watched the game again later I agreed with everyone here. But I don't think he'll be gone in the summer because who buys a player with that kind of injury record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.