Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to him, Laporte’s pass was wank.

If he doesn't let it run across his body and steps into it, he has control and is in the perfect position to roll it back to Ederson.
Kompany simply wasn't switched on yet.
Recovered well, but sadly looks 4th best now.
But that's behind three excellent centre halves.

If he doesn't let it run across his body and steps into it, he has control and is in the perfect position to roll it back to Ederson.
Kompany simply wasn't switched on yet.
Recovered well, but sadly looks 4th best now.
But that's behind three excellent centre halves.
It's a risky ball to play, particularly with someone like Lennon closing you down. It's Laporte's error for me.

As for Kompany, I feel a bit sorry for him. Everytime he plays a bad pass, it's "he's bad on the ball", yet Stones and Laporte still make the odd shocker. It's the same mentality as when Delph or Zinchenko make a mistake at left back and the forum is full of "they're not left backs", yet Walker could make the same mistake on the right hand side and nobody bats an eyelid. I think people have preconceived ideas about player weaknesses, so whenever a mistake happens, it's jumped upon.

It's a risky ball to play, particularly with someone like Lennon closing you down. It's Laporte's error for me.

As for Kompany, I feel a bit sorry for him. Everytime he plays a bad pass, it's "he's bad on the ball", yet Stones and Laporte still make the odd shocker. It's the same mentality as when Delph or Zinchenko make a mistake at left back and the forum is full of "they're not left backs", yet Walker could make the same mistake on the right hand side and nobody bats an eyelid. I think people have preconceived ideas about player weaknesses, so whenever a mistake happens, it's jumped upon.

I'm by no means condemning Kompany. They all make mistakes.
Kompany does look the least comfortable though. In his defence however he normally needs a run of games to get up to speed.

I do think the fault Saturday was more on Kompany though.
Agree it was a risky ball, but that's how we play. That's the point of Ederson, he gives them an out every time.
Kompany just seemed to be looking to get on the front foot, whilst not seeing Lennon, no doubt due to a little rustiness.

This is very true. However, that said, Captain is 4th choice now..

Forget the errors, which is common to all of them. Kompany is just less comfortable than the other 3 in general.

This is very true. However, that said, Captain is 4th choice now..

Forget the errors, which is common to all of them. Kompany is just less comfortable than the other 3 in general.

Agreed but what a great 4th choice to have.

I guess I'm in the minority... I thought that Kompany played well against Burnley - he was screwed by Laporte's "hospital" pass - and picked up a yellow, not of his doing.

And I thought that his unconventional body block to cut off a cross later in the game wasn't a lucky play - I thought it was instinctive and it worked out. On TV the pundits were all over Kompany for that - meh!... it worked and was clearly what Kompany intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.