Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Pep didn't have the CV for the Barcelona job when he got it. We will see if Bayern's risk pays off.

I wish some people seeing this, Pep appointment as Barcelona senior team manager is being seen outrageous by many people back then.

It will be like if Txixi the same guy who appointed him in his old club back then is now doing the same thing to our club, appointing our youth manager to be our senior team manager. Imagine the outrage in this forum if does happen.

I don't really see getting Burnley relegated as a huge black mark. The gap between the Championship and Premier League is pretty big right now.
Let me put it this way then. When Burnley were in the final stages of getting relegated and Pep announced he was going, would you be clambering for us to appoint Kompany?

wow, cannot believe this, I love him, hoped he will come back from this relegation and maybe land a somewhat better job (Brighton maybe or similar) but this jump is extreme and can easily be set up for failure unless he starts very well.
new format CL, big pressure in league after Leverkusen ripped them apart, and imo quite a bit of tension in dressing room and some big egos there.

but on the other side very big and strong squad if the market will look at Leverkusen players they can be heavily taken apart if they lose 3-4 best players leaving Bayern automatic favorite for title.

overall still feels bit of nonsense decision from Bayern who approached like half a dozen managers and couldnt get any and not sure why to be honest unless there is some crazy thing going on at board level which became visible during negotiation. maybe they just want someone really short term like 1 year max...

but he may never would have a chance in his life to manage such a strong squad and if it works out then his next job after Bayern wont be Burnley level for sure.

its really like football manager game where I did manage some odd team in Denmark and managed to win the title then next season big rival appointed Yaya Toure all of a sudden who just retired the season before. :D

Let me put it this way then. When Burnley were in the final stages of getting relegated and Pep announced he was going, would you be clambering for us to appoint Kompany?
No, Kompany wouldn't be my first choice. That said I do think the manager market is thin right now so I can't think of an ideal Pep successor.

I also think given our roster our job is more compelling than Bayern's right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.