Vincent Kompany testimonial

city should do more of theses games (testimonial) or charity games ?? and not just for players that have been here ten years, once a season charity game and have the old players from both city and united play or a rest of the world ?? as a football club manchester city are a big club now and maybe giving something back each season will keep the media of our backs about the money

david silva testimonial / charity game will be another great night next season, and going forward would be great to keep them going season after season
I remember Joe Corrigan's testimonial - only 8,000 turned up (the opposition didn't help - Werder Bremen). So to get 51,000 is just awesome.

Who won?
If we did of course we'll get the racist rags saying it's all because of the Arab oil money.

Great turnout from the fans. Pity there was so many no shows on the pitch for various reasons. Just off the top of my head, missing from the advertised city side was Pantilimon, clichy kolarov Bridge Dunne Milner dzeko and Mario and probably just as many from the other side too.

Felt a bit tight on the replacement players coming on who nobody had heard of which I’m only now hearing were supposedly Anderlecht youngsters. we wasn’t informed in the ground of who they were and were totally perplexed. and whilst on the subject of announcements it annoyed the hell out of me that they didn’t bother to announce the two teams before kick off, would have saved everybody 10 minutes trying to work out who everyone is.

Was an enjoyable night but In all honesty, as exhibition games go it wasn’t as exciting as it could and probably should have been with the players on display, Ireland and Toure from our retired players impressed me the most. I also saw the best corners from a city player this season via petrov. I didn’t know you were allowed to go over the first man nowadays.

don’t like to say this but carragher is still a top class defender, weirdly, he probably got the most abuse out of anybody tonight too but took it well though to be fair. Rvp’s goal was top quality and fair play to the ex rags and other hate figures for turning up knowing they’d get abuse. and that’s about all the complimenting I can muster for them.

The game changed when Rat Boy went off “injured” and they replaced him with someone decent. Not sure who he was, probably an Anderlecht guy, wore number 5.

Ireland was decent, Toure was too, especially with his size!

Well that was a tough watch. Did my part though and took the family.
Christ almighty it was boring.
I knew that after the novelty had worn off after 15 min we were in for a long night ha!

Still as long as money was raised and Vinny got a good send off that’s all that matters really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.