Vincent Kompany testimonial

I'll be there because I'm always there, but it's a complete fucking pain in the arse this. A total waste of time.

I know it`s raining however cheer up GB62, you can walk to the stadium, see your mates and have an evening out. What else would you be doing that is better?

TACKLE4MCR is far from a waste of time and Vinny`s Testimonial evening will make a huge contribution to this initiative for Manchester.

It`s also a fitting legacy for City`s wonderful captain who has been an ambassador for the club on and off the pitch.

I hope due recognition is given to Tony Book in due course. He`s another deserving of lasting recognition.

Happy to be Blue on Blue Monday -

I'm sure Vincent and the other players who are appearing on his behalf don't think it's a complete pain in the arse.

I couldn't care less what they think. It's a vanity project.
I know it`s raining however cheer up GB62, you can walk to the stadium, see your mates and have an evening out. What else would you be doing that is better?

TACKLE4MCR is far from a waste of time and Vinny`s Testimonial evening will make a huge contribution to this initiative for Manchester.

It`s also a fitting legacy for City`s wonderful captain who has been an ambassador for the club on and off the pitch.

I hope due recognition is given to Tony Book in due course. He`s another deserving of lasting recognition.

Happy to be Blue on Blue Monday -

I'll probably cheer up (a bit) when I get there, but for me going to the match is only about City winning, none of the fluff around the modern game interests me.

I'll probably cheer up (a bit) when I get there, but for me going to the match is only about City winning, none of the fluff around the modern game interests me.

That's a real shame, I think enjoying the fantastic football is the reason for going. Been going since 64, and enjoy it more now than ever, Doing the usual 100 mile trip weds, staying over, looking forward to a day in Manchester, few beers, seeing Vinny,....helping with the project...
.my glass is more than half full , no fluff to be seen.

So you think that a testimonial for a long serving player is only part of the modern game.
If you go back over the last100/120 years you will find 100s of testimonial games played by all clubs. Until recently the proceeds from a testimonial game were given as a thank you by the fans for a particular players service to a club.
Nowadays all top players are millionaires and do not need the proceeds of a testimonial match to help them through retirement.
Instead they give the proceeds to a charity/charities of their choosing to help fund them.
Obviously if you don't agree with giving to charity keep your money in your pocket and don't bother paying tribute to our greatest ever captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.