Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got an improving mangler and young tosin to back up Nico and stonesy, if we get to April injury free in that area then we're home and dry, vinnie might make a guest appearance in a couple of matches but that's blind faith on my part.

Nothing wrong with that imo. but I expect at least one signing .

Hey with this signing it could be your year next year.
Maybe, might be a bit longer than next year though. For us success is about being in the frame to win things. Unfortunately with the form your team are in this season no other team can live with you in the league. There is no disgrace in not winning the league this season but aiming for 2nd or 3rd is a realistic aim for the present. Ironically our best chance of winning anything this season is possibly The CL as it is not always the best team that wins this trophy and we do have Anfield. Exciting times ahead for both our teams I think?!

Maybe, might be a bit longer than next year though. For us success is about being in the frame to win things. Unfortunately with the form your team are in this season no other team can live with you in the league. There is no disgrace in not winning the league this season but aiming for 2nd or 3rd is a realistic aim for the present. Ironically our best chance of winning anything this season is possibly The CL as it is not always the best team that wins this trophy and we do have Anfield. Exciting times ahead for both our teams I think?!
Definitely but I'm starting to think that klopp has been there as long as Rodgers was and you haven't pushed on any further in my opinion. At what point do you start thinking that it maybe klopp hasn't taken you to the next level and start looking elsewhere? And my reason me saying this is that pep got absolute pelters last season, it was about him coming in and turning us round immediately and when that didn't happn he got labelled a fraud, not very good and out of his depth.
Then you look at klopp, doing similar to what pep did last year and not really getting a tune out of the team yet he gets the comfort of it being a project , it's a long term thing and he's got time but as we both know time is pressure in football and you rarely get time to fart nowadays.
Personally I don't think signing VVD will suddenly transform you lot into the finished article and the question is how long will klopp get to turn you into the finished article as he's three years(or is it 4) into it and I don't see no progress.

Some fans are less patient than others and I can't answer for everyone but I can give you my opinion. In 2014 we overachieved due to the efforts of one top top top player and one great player in his swansong period. The last game of 2014-15 season after Suarez was gone and Gerrard about to retire we lost to Stoke 6-1 in the last game of the season and after being knocked out of the CL early doors, we sneaked into the Europa Cup the next season due to Arsenal winning the FA Cup. So under Rodgers we had gone into reverse and the side needed rebuilding. To cap it off Sterling went to you during the close season and Sturridge was permanently injured but Rodgers carried on because we already had Klopp lined up to step in at some point and we were prepared to wait. Klopp came to us just over 2 years ago and he is currently in his second full season at Liverpool. When you compare our squad and the way we play to the last season under Rodgers there is no comparison. We are handy in the league to qualify again for the CL, we are in the last 16 of this years CL, we are attracting players to us we could only have dreamt of under Rodgers and at this moment in time we are set fair to keep improving.
In my opinion we could not get a better manager for us than Klopp and as long as we get in contention to win the big trophies he has the job for as long as he wants it. Clearly this season the league is impossible for any other club than City but in the next few seasons we can get closer to you and really contest over the full season. Bottom line is we have to be more patient than you because although we have good money to throw around we don't have as much as you. Any manager we have has to be given the time to realise the fruits of his efforts otherwise we have no chance. Look at United, they and Mourinho are royally screwed as splurging big money does not guarantee success and although they have spent almost as much as you they are way behind in everything. They will change their manager before us and you of that you can be certain.
One signing will not make us 'the finished article' but the signing of VvD is an attempt to address our biggest weakness and I'm confident there will be a few more to come in over the next 2 windows or so.

No mask has fallen.

After your attempts to create hostility,he has simply given you a reply you don't like.He has every right to defend himself in the face of confrontation.

he came on here, very shortly after a transfer which the media tried to portray as VVD chosing the dippers over us. We were never in for him as he isn't as good as the players we have.

we do have anfield ?ah those glorious European nights,like st Etienne ,and erm Chelsea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.