Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been obvious with Kompany's historical injuries we should have pulled the trigger with Bonucci regardless of age. We need some leadership & experience at the back which has been sorely lacking right from the beginning of the season.
Or as Robbie Earl mentioned after the game if Pep is intent in playing this way from the back go out & buy 3 other John Stones type defenders who are comfortable with the ball rather than trying to fit square pegs in round holes with Otamendi, Sagna etc. This defense isn't working!
Not sure why you name Ota there, he is as comfortable with the ball as Stones is, and a much better defender too

Wow! It really is all about opinions isn't it.
To be fair you can only really judge Stones and Otamendi when they have decent full backs playing with them and some proper protection from midfield. Playing Yaya and Zaba in the centre against a young and fast Everton was always going to be a challenge. We had a lot of the ball but as soon as Everton won it they were at our back four with no real pressure in the centre.

3312772_heroa.jpg

Whereas this is a Pjanic buy.

To be fair you can only really judge Stones and Otamendi when they have decent full backs playing with them and some proper protection from midfield. Playing Yaya and Zaba in the centre against a young and fast Everton was always going to be a challenge. We had a lot of the ball but as soon as Everton won it they were at our back four with no real pressure in the centre.

Stones will eventually come good I think. Otamendi is junk, never rated him.

We need a Bonnucci or a Van Dijk NOW!!
We're awful at the back whether or not there's protection from midfield.
New fullbacks are also a must sooner rather than later, left back being the biggest problem area.
If we could obtain a top class centre half, I'd even chance Stones in a defensive midfield role, alongside someone like Rakitic (all wishful thinking) with possibly moving Ferny to RB??
Bravo has been a disaster, that will also need rectifying in the summer.

I also think Stones will come good, however he needs Vinny at his side to play off. Otamendi can be used further forward in a de Jong role as back up to Ferna. *IF* we can get and keep Kompany fit it will feel like a new signing. I know, I know I'm a dreamer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.