Virgin Broadband

Just out of interest, do you know the situation if you try and cancel it after 14 days? Or even, how you go about cancelling it. Obviously you could just cancel the direct debit to O2, but not sure how that would affect your agreement with Virgin?

Do you pay two separate DD's that add up to your total package bill? If so it wouldn't affect your agreement with virgin, unless your package was boosted by Volt. Mine wasn't as the ultimate package comes with the max 1gig broadband anyway. Some packages come with, for example 500meg that gets boosted to 1gig with the O2 'volt'.

I'd imagine you'd be liable for some sort of early repayment charge or forced to pay 02 up in full, but that's only a guess. I got the link and followed a couple of people's instructions who'd done it previously on the MSE forum, but I was signing up as a new customer and was within the cooling off period.

If I'm honest, it was a bit of a pain cancelling within the 14 days so god knows what it's like after that? They blagged me and even though they'd told me it was cancelled, they still tried to bill me, so I cancelled the DD (that shouldn't have been set up) and complained. They credited the account with £25 to counteract the "bill" and closed it for me and I finally got text and email confirmation (which in hindsight, I should have insisted on first time round). Took a couple of days of phone calls to them but worth the hassle to reduce the bill by £25pm.

What might be useful, is if you ring O2 and drop the sim-card down to the lowest available allowance. I've read on the forums that if you find an O2 SIM deal on HUKD or similar and ring up and ask to be put on one you have an example of, they will do it. That should reduce you bill down by whatever the difference is from your current SIM card cost, to the new one. You'll also keep the volt benefits.

Do you pay two separate DD's that add up to your total package bill? If so it wouldn't affect your agreement with virgin, unless your package was boosted by Volt. Mine wasn't as the ultimate package comes with the max 1gig broadband anyway. Some packages come with, for example 500meg that gets boosted to 1gig with the O2 'volt'.

I'd imagine you'd be liable for some sort of early repayment charge or forced to pay 02 up in full, but that's only a guess. I got the link and followed a couple of people's instructions who'd done it previously on the MSE forum, but I was signing up as a new customer and was within the cooling off period.

If I'm honest, it was a bit of a pain cancelling within the 14 days so god knows what it's like after that? They blagged me and even though they'd told me it was cancelled, they still tried to bill me, so I cancelled the DD (that shouldn't have been set up) and complained. They credited the account with £25 to counteract the "bill" and closed it for me and I finally got text and email confirmation (which in hindsight, I should have insisted on first time round). Took a couple of days of phone calls to them but worth the hassle to reduce the bill by £25pm.

What might be useful, is if you ring O2 and drop the sim-card down to the lowest available allowance. I've read on the forums that if you find an O2 SIM deal on HUKD or similar and ring up and ask to be put on one you have an example of, they will do it. That should reduce you bill down by whatever the difference is from your current SIM card cost, to the new one. You'll also keep the volt benefits.
What's this O2 get out mate?
About to join VM for 18 months,79 quid all in plus Netflix and an all you can eat data plan sim card.
Can I ditch the card and reduce the bill?

Yeah the bills and the DDs are completely separate. But getting the deal I did was conditional on also getting the SIM card. Definitely “Volt” was mentioned.

I got someone to give me the £25 a month for the Sim Card so I was laughing. But just recently the bills have crept up to nearly £40 some months. The guy insists he’s not doing anything different. But if it’s possible I’d fuck it off altogether.

What's this O2 get out mate?
About to join VM for 18 months,79 quid all in plus Netflix and an all you can eat data plan sim card.
Can I ditch the card and reduce the bill?
Yeah, if you don't have a need for the SIM, then ring O2 and cancel within the first 14 days (cooling off period).

As I've stated further up, it can be a bit of a ball ache and a bit of perseverance is required to avoid them trying to blag you, but it can be done (all above board). The O2 advisor who eventually sorted me out said that loads of people are doing it and he doesn't understand why they make it a requirement on sign up.

You have to be mindful that your broadband speed may be halved on cancellation of the O2 SIM depending on what package you've signed up to and if it's been boosted by VOLT. If it will affect it, then find an O2 SIM deal that costs a lower amount on HUKD or MSE, ring them up and ask them to change it to one you find*.

* As an example, there was one I saw the other day that was 60gb data for £10. This would be boosted to 120gb as you have virgin, and you would save £15pm. There are others with less data for cheaper and you would save more. £5 for 10gb (boosted to 20gb).

Yeah, if you don't have a need for the SIM, then ring O2 and cancel within the first 14 days (cooling off period).

As I've stated further up, it can be a bit of a ball ache and a bit of perseverance is required to avoid them trying to blag you, but it can be done (all above board). The O2 advisor who eventually sorted me out said that loads of people are doing it and he doesn't understand why they make it a requirement on sign up.

You have to be mindful that your broadband speed may be halved on cancellation of the O2 SIM depending on what package you've signed up to and if it's been boosted by VOLT. If it will affect it, then find an O2 SIM deal that costs a lower amount on HUKD or MSE, ring them up and ask them to change it to one you find*.

* As an example, there was one I saw the other day that was 60gb data for £10. This would be boosted to 120gb as you have virgin, and you would save £15pm. There are others with less data for cheaper and you would save more. £5 for 10gb (boosted to 20gb).
Fantastic, thanks bud

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.